Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Fair price for a 21ft toy hauler

Old 10-16-2010, 02:14 AM   #1
trib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trib's Tacoma Gallery
Fair price for a 21ft toy hauler

I'm thinking about getting a mid-sized trailer for my mountain biking trips so I can haul all my camping gear, bikes, and equipment in one package vs. having to load everything in the truck bed and playing a game of cargo-tetris just to get it to all fit.

Upon browsing for trailers it seems that prices are pretty steep, eg. in the $20,000-25,000 range, even used. Is it just me or are we not in a recession? I would think trailers could be had for dirt cheap now-a-days this they are completely a discretionary item. Perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong places? Or perhaps the sellers still have big fat rv loans?

Is anyone else shopping around for a toy hauler? You know, the kind where the rear door folds down to load in a dirt bike or quad...and that comes with some amenities like a propane stove, gas pump and a generator. Something around 5,000lb or less would be ideal.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
Truck guy
spamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud of
spamy's Tacoma Gallery
I just sold my 2005 19ft Attitude toy hauler for 12.5k. It was loaded with goodies and pristine. You should be able to find several deals like that. Of course the market is somewhat saturated here in Cali, so maybe the deals are better.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
trib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trib's Tacoma Gallery
Nice that is a good deal. Did you have a generator or fuel pump? Feel free to throw up some pics!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
Firetech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ralph
Firetech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trib View Post
I'm thinking about getting a mid-sized trailer for my mountain biking trips so I can haul all my camping gear, bikes, and equipment in one package vs. having to load everything in the truck bed and playing a game of cargo-tetris just to get it to all fit.

Upon browsing for trailers it seems that prices are pretty steep, eg. in the $20,000-25,000 range, even used. Is it just me or are we not in a recession? I would think trailers could be had for dirt cheap now-a-days this they are completely a discretionary item. Perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong places? Or perhaps the sellers still have big fat rv loans?

Is anyone else shopping around for a toy hauler? You know, the kind where the rear door folds down to load in a dirt bike or quad...and that comes with some amenities like a propane stove, gas pump and a generator. Something around 5,000lb or less would be ideal.
I don't know where you are, but a friend of mine (in Maryland) has a 24ft. double axle, no generator or gas pump. It is finished off on the inside.
Asking 7,500.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #5

trib's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Firetech but I am in socal (for now...I'm planning on moving this winter).
Old 12-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
Mike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mike27t's Tacoma Gallery
bump

Just picked up an 07 weekend warrior supercross edition toy hauler. Its 18ft and weight ranges from 3500-3900 lbs dry depending on options. Picked it up for 10k