Notices

TRD Off Road Towing Hook???

Old 11-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
NC2NY Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Ron
NC2NY Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Off Road Towing Hook???

Hi. I just got my truck. I know a towing hook was included in the package, but I haven't been able to find out any info on the device, its capabilities, or the steps to employ it. Does anyone have some tips or a link to guidance on use of the towing hook? I would like to know how to use it before I ever have to! Thanks!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
In my 2010 manual, it is on pages 421-423 (section 5-1). Do you need me to post the pages here (don't you have a manual with your new truck)?
Old 11-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
Ted Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Tim
Ted Nugent's Tacoma Gallery
Go get your truck stuck then you'll for sure use it...
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
NC2NY Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Ron
NC2NY Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
In my 2010 manual, it is on pages 421-423 (section 5-1). Do you need me to post the pages here (don't you have a manual with your new truck)?
I do have a manual, but couldn't find anything specifically on the hook. In section 5-1 (pp 431-433) towing procedures are covered, and the towing hook is depicted in one diagram. It only mentions that you will have a towing hook in place of a towing eyelet. I guess that's all there is to it...

I expected that the towing hook came equipped with a cable to extract and hook to a towing vehicle, but I guess I was wrong. I just wasn't sure because I couldn't find any other info on it...

Thanks for pointing me to that section of the manual though. What do you use- slings, ropes, cables, or chains?
Old 02-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #5
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2NY Tacoma View Post
Thanks for pointing me to that section of the manual though. What do you use- slings, ropes, cables, or chains?
Depends on your extraction method. If pulling with another vehicle a sling is necessary. If you are using a solid point like a come-along or hi-lift jack a cable/chain might be better.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #6
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
yeah all it is is a hook you need to provide the extraction equipment and method. It is there so that you have something to connect to that won't/shouldn't damage your vehicle.