Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Mekesh mirrors

Old 11-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
psmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nice
Name: Paul
psmcn's Tacoma Gallery
Mckesh mirrors

Has anyone tried mckesh mirrors??

http://www.hensleymfg.com/mckeshmirrors.html

Paul
Old 11-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw your thread. I have them on my truck and they work great. Make sure to get the convex mirrors though because you actually can see more with those than the rectangle mirror. I pull my 26' travel trailer and have no problems seeing.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:38 AM   #3
psmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nice
Name: Paul
psmcn's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply j4x4ar3, Thats what I need to know, I was thinking of the flat large mirrors with the 4" convex added to the bar for the left and convex large for the right... I'll figure it out

Thanks

Paul
Old 02-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
Oceanfisherman
campthewestcoast is on a distinguished road
campthewestcoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4x4ar3 View Post
Just saw your thread. I have them on my truck and they work great. Make sure to get the convex mirrors though because you actually can see more with those than the rectangle mirror. I pull my 26' travel trailer and have no problems seeing.
Just a few questions;
How does the mirror stay in place with the window down all the way, with the window down how stable is the mirror at highway speed, does the mirror deform the plastic/rubber piece next to the window, have you noticed any scratching or rubbing of the door paint, any scratching of the window. I just want full operation of my windows.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by campthewestcoast View Post
Just a few questions;
How does the mirror stay in place with the window down all the way, with the window down how stable is the mirror at highway speed, does the mirror deform the plastic/rubber piece next to the window, have you noticed any scratching or rubbing of the door paint, any scratching of the window. I just want full operation of my windows.
Hey sorry for the huge delay in answering. Got layed off from work and haven't had much time on the computer lately.

Yes the mirrors are very stable at highway speeds, yes they stay put with the windows all the way down, yes it can deform the rubber piece but after a few hours it goes back into place on it's own.. wouldn't recomend leaving the mirrors on for days and days at a time though. I usually take mine off when I reach my destination then put them back on before leaving. In warmer weather the rubber will go back into place a lot faster.

No I don't have any scratching problems either. I usually take and clean the spots where the straps will touch before putting the mirrors on so I don't have any road grit problems scratching. I have the super white as well though so I may not notice them.