1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which option package for Towing

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Lanyard Knot, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Nov 23, 2010 at 6:45 AM
    Lanyard Knot

Lanyard Knot [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    SoCal
    My first post so please bear with me. Hoping to get a Tacoma 2x4 access cab with standard bed this weekend! Not sure which package to go with though. I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer so here we go.

Sport or Offroad for towing? I go to the river a few times a year. San Diego to Needles, CA. I have two three seater Yamaha boats. I can tow them to the river with the Motorhome and use the Tacoma to put them in and out of the water. I will also go out to the desert in the winter. Will be towing a Polaris Ranger approximately 100 miles each way. So, do I need the offroad package with the rear locker?

Thanks in advanced for your help. This forum is very informative from what I have read.

2. Nov 23, 2010 at 6:50 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    The rear locker is not related to towing/hauling capacity or capability. Toyota offers a towing package that consists of the class IV receiver, wiring and transmission cooler (automatic). This option is available on the TRD Sport and TRD Off Road and (possibly) without the TRD (not sure if you can get the towing package without one of the TRD package). Any Tacoma V6 with the towing package will meet your needs.

Products Discussed in

To Top