1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Motorcycle Ramp Type/Length Question

Discussion in 'Towing' started by gov875, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Dec 15, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    gov875

gov875 [OP] WahooTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCLB
    Wet Okole's (front & rear), Weathertech Floormats (front & rear), cheap tailgate theft mod, extra d-rings, low profile toolbox (flat black), Thule Roof Rack (58" load bars), Thule Ski/Snowboard Roof Rack, Blacked Out Badges, Fishing Bobber Trailer Ball Cover, AVIC-X930BT w/ XM & steering controls, 5100s All Around (front set at .85), Eibach Coils, Rear TSB, rear AAL, LR UCAs, Toytec Diff. Drop, Mudflap Delete, Tailgate Reinforcement, Spidertrax (all 4), 285 Nittos, Rear Diff Breather Extension, TRD Exhaust, Powered Rear Sliding Window, DeeZee Bedmat, rear-view anytime mod, trailer bracket relocate, fog light anytime mod, redline hood struts, Satoshi with Homertaco Custom TRD Mesh, Hella 500s behind the grill, Brighter Reverse Lights
    so i have a 2008 Yamaha R6s and i'm looking to load it up into the bed of my 2010 DCLB TRD Sport and wanted to know if anyone had used this ramp for it: http://store.rampconnection.com/product.php?xProd=7048

if anyone can recommend a better ramp that works with this truck i'd appreciate it. thanks.

2. Dec 15, 2010 at 1:02 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    That looks like a really good ramp to me. I haul a dirt bike in my truck and use a cheap Harbor Freight ramp, however I would defiantly use a different ramp if I were going to load a R6. You may have already done this but If you are going to be hauling a bike I definitely recommend adding some D-Rings to your truck bed. I don't trust the rails to take 100% of the tie down weight.

I added these to mine and use them all the time. Definitely one of the best cheap mods you can do.
    http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...-down-4962.cfm

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/90069-new-d-rings-available.html

[​IMG]

3. Dec 16, 2010 at 4:08 AM
    gov875

gov875 [OP] WahooTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCLB
    Wet Okole's (front & rear), Weathertech Floormats (front & rear), cheap tailgate theft mod, extra d-rings, low profile toolbox (flat black), Thule Roof Rack (58" load bars), Thule Ski/Snowboard Roof Rack, Blacked Out Badges, Fishing Bobber Trailer Ball Cover, AVIC-X930BT w/ XM & steering controls, 5100s All Around (front set at .85), Eibach Coils, Rear TSB, rear AAL, LR UCAs, Toytec Diff. Drop, Mudflap Delete, Tailgate Reinforcement, Spidertrax (all 4), 285 Nittos, Rear Diff Breather Extension, TRD Exhaust, Powered Rear Sliding Window, DeeZee Bedmat, rear-view anytime mod, trailer bracket relocate, fog light anytime mod, redline hood struts, Satoshi with Homertaco Custom TRD Mesh, Hella 500s behind the grill, Brighter Reverse Lights
    had the same thought on the d-rings and installed them a while back so that i could finally get a ramp for the bike to actually take it with me places. now i just gotta get a side car so i can take the dog with me on that instead of having to take the truck everywhere haha.

thanks for the ramp input man much appreciated.

4. Dec 16, 2010 at 5:28 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
  5. Dec 16, 2010 at 5:34 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    they look pretty good. i have 2 8ft ramps that fold in half.they fit right under the quad or bike perfect.i say go for it.not a bad price either.i paid $260 for mine 10 years ago

6. Dec 16, 2010 at 5:36 AM
    buck

buck Don't sweat the petty - pet the sweaty

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    15 DC V6 4x4 TRD Magnetic Gray
    High-flow coconut smiley-face air freshener.
    That ramp will work fine. Something with a slight arch will be perfect. 6 1/2 - 7ft long will work fine. Longer the better, but any shorter and it will be steep and you may risk rubbing the bottom of the fairing.

I use 2 ramps, one centered on the gate to drive the bike up, one to the side to walk up next to the bike. I don't suggest riding up like in the picture... the bed isn't that grippy and you don't want to skid into the front of the bed!

7. Dec 16, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    Trachito

Trachito Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Orleans
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:49 AM
    gov875

gov875 [OP] WahooTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCLB

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Dec 17, 2010 at 5:52 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I use them with a '02 Katana. I try to use a ditch or curb so it's not that steep getting into the truck. Obviously a curb or ditch won't always be available but it makes it a lot easier. I've got a short bed so the shorter folding ramps were a huge plus.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/motorcycles/120955-loading-motorcycle-dcsb-pics.html

As far as being short and supporting the bike, once you get the hang of it you're really just there to guide the bike and it shouldn't be trying to muscle the bike around.

Products Discussed in

To Top