Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Motorcycle Ramp Type/Length Question

Old 12-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like a really good ramp to me. I haul a dirt bike in my truck and use a cheap Harbor Freight ramp, however I would defiantly use a different ramp if I were going to load a R6. You may have already done this but If you are going to be hauling a bike I definitely recommend adding some D-Rings to your truck bed. I don't trust the rails to take 100% of the tie down weight.

I added these to mine and use them all the time. Definitely one of the best cheap mods you can do.
http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...-down-4962.cfm

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...available.html

Old 12-16-2010, 06:28 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...4504_200414504

I like these, they fold up so they're easy to transport and the arch is nice with a low clearance bike so nothing scrapes.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
so i have a 2008 Yamaha R6s and i'm looking to load it up into the bed of my 2010 DCLB TRD Sport and wanted to know if anyone had used this ramp for it: http://store.rampconnection.com/product.php?xProd=7048

if anyone can recommend a better ramp that works with this truck i'd appreciate it. thanks.
they look pretty good. i have 2 8ft ramps that fold in half.they fit right under the quad or bike perfect.i say go for it.not a bad price either.i paid $260 for mine 10 years ago
Old 12-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #6
TheEh-Team.ca
buck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
buck's Tacoma Gallery
That ramp will work fine. Something with a slight arch will be perfect. 6 1/2 - 7ft long will work fine. Longer the better, but any shorter and it will be steep and you may risk rubbing the bottom of the fairing.

I use 2 ramps, one centered on the gate to drive the bike up, one to the side to walk up next to the bike. I don't suggest riding up like in the picture... the bed isn't that grippy and you don't want to skid into the front of the bed!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:51 AM   #7
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
this is the one i use for my 1000RR. you gotta know how to walk to bike up alone though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEAVY...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-17-2010, 05:49 AM   #8
WahooTaco
gov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
gov875's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=Trachito;2497011]this is the one i use for my 1000RR. you gotta know how to walk to bike up alone though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEAVY...ies[/quote]

i'm only 5' 5" i'm not sure walking up alone is the best plan but thanks. good to know that the ramp is reliable since i'm still shopping around and get mixed reviews on just about every ramp i see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck View Post
That ramp will work fine. Something with a slight arch will be perfect. 6 1/2 - 7ft long will work fine. Longer the better, but any shorter and it will be steep and you may risk rubbing the bottom of the fairing.

I use 2 ramps, one centered on the gate to drive the bike up, one to the side to walk up next to the bike. I don't suggest riding up like in the picture... the bed isn't that grippy and you don't want to skid into the front of the bed!
i'm a little concerned that 7ft may be too short and i have the long bed so it'll hold 8-9 ft ramps if the fold up. if i dont get a wide one i'm definitely getting two to walk up one myself. thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
they look pretty good. i have 2 8ft ramps that fold in half.they fit right under the quad or bike perfect.i say go for it.not a bad price either.i paid $260 for mine 10 years ago
i thought the price seemed reasonable. i'll have to look into getting two of those ramps the other guy mentioned for only $80 a pop. Then again, with a $6k bike maybe it isn't the worst thing in the world to spend a little more to make sure it doesn't fall 3 feet to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...4504_200414504

I like these, they fold up so they're easy to transport and the arch is nice with a low clearance bike so nothing scrapes.
those look like a steal i'm just worried about that 7ft length and the fairing scraping... thanks for the link
Old 12-17-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
those look like a steal i'm just worried about that 7ft length and the fairing scraping... thanks for the link
I use them with a '02 Katana. I try to use a ditch or curb so it's not that steep getting into the truck. Obviously a curb or ditch won't always be available but it makes it a lot easier. I've got a short bed so the shorter folding ramps were a huge plus.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mot...dcsb-pics.html

As far as being short and supporting the bike, once you get the hang of it you're really just there to guide the bike and it shouldn't be trying to muscle the bike around.