1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07-current Taco, will it flat tow my Jeep?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Loppy, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Dec 17, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    Loppy

Loppy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    02 4d TRD 4x4
    Well, will it? Yes, I know it will. But will my ass pucker the entire time or will I have all my hair left afterwards?

So I'm in the market for a truck, love gen II taco's so I'm looking for a TRD crew short bed, want the toy tech, 33's etc. I have it all picked out in my head. Perfect truck for me, cept for one thing. Once in awhile I like to flat tow my old CJ7 rock crawler up the hill to the Rubicon. Not very often, maybe 5 times a year. I could go Tundra, Duramax or whatever... but 99% of the time I'd be MUCH happier in my little Taco.

My Jeep weighs 4000# loaded. It has a braking system, so I can put a controller in the Taco. That being said, if its got the tow package, upgrade the tranny cooler and all that, will it handle flat towing my Jeep? How well or not well? Appreciate all input! Thanks.

2. Dec 17, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    Huskerjim

Huskerjim You gotta love your brother inlaw!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Fleming Island, Florida
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Sport
    Ballistic Wheels Nitto Tires Extang Cover Exhaust Duel Leather Interior OEM Bug Shield Bullet Grill and Ect. Bed Mat
    I had 05 tow Package TRD 4x4 towed flat bed Mazda Protege I think that car is 3300 pounds no puckerin from me a few times I was cruisin at 65/70 should have I... probably not, I could tell it was there but all in all it wasn't strugglin.. Would I do it again yep no problem

3. Dec 17, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    Loppy

Loppy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    02 4d TRD 4x4
    You were flat towing? No trailer right? appreciate the input. There's a ton of posts on towing trailers etc, I'm mainly looking for any information on flat towing.

Products Discussed in

To Top