Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
thank you!!!

and to answer the ops question

the deeped the better just watch for inherent hazards

Try not to go too far past the tonsils man!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
psmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nice
Name: Paul
psmcn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SpeedwaySport View Post
Thanks all. I didn't do the research like I meant to do, but took a trip with it today as-is anyways...I went from DC to VaBeach, like 170 miles with the dolly unloaded and came back with a Corolla loaded about 120 miles and then 50 more unloaded to get home...

-Much quieter than with my old Pathfinder due to a better receiver on this Tacoma maybe?
-Much easier to pull than with the crappy 3.3L Nissan.
----Drove smoooooth! Hardly knew it was there and I was pushing 80mph most of the time...(lets not talk gas mileage...wonk wonk wonk)

SO, now to a new question...I just got this truck and the leaf spring TSB has not been done(still 3 springs)...I plan on towing with it at least 3-4 times a month, generally not longer than 50 miles...and probably nothing heavier than a Passat or a Camry...

How urgent is the leaf TSB?
How does it affect towing?
I don't wanna do it cause I am cheap...and it causes harsher ride when unloaded...and so forth.
I have the TSB done and i like having the extra heft in the rear when hauling anything. It will make your Taco ride like a truck when it's unloaded and set the rear up another inch or so.