Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

how not to tow...

Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
Canadian in the South
CraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
CraigTRD's Tacoma Gallery
What's wrong with that? That's how we tow things, in Canada....
Old 02-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
thats my drive in to work every day
Old 02-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
Canadian in the South
CraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
CraigTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
How does that even happen
The load is too far back. It should be closer to the hitch point.
Yes, I know from experience.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna say because they on a bridge that wind might of started the sway and it just got worse and worse. Overcorrecting ect. I have always found when a load sways a bit to hit the gas a bit and it will pull it straight. Im not sure if I could safe it if it got that bad though
Old 02-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #8
mattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattygabe's Tacoma Gallery
Geez that's pretty scary stuff.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #9
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
what was that a mog radio truck or a FC rover or some pinzy thing.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
psmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nice
Name: Paul
psmcn's Tacoma Gallery
the fact that he did not roll it is amazing! Even more amazing is he had his load tied down damn good!!

I'm sure the load was toward the rear of the trailer, that with possible winds on the bridge as well the trailer sitting on a single ball mount with no WD or stabilization. I'm sure he had to clean the seat of his pants and truck because that was way beyond the pucker factor......that was a pucker release moment
Old 02-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #11
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
wind/ over correcting and lack of sway control.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #12
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigTRD View Post
The load is too far back. It should be closer to the hitch point.
Yes, I know from experience.
X2....except it was with load of tree limbs not a good feeling.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #13
plee33 will become famous soon enoughplee33 will become famous soon enough
Name: Peter
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmcn View Post
the fact that he did not roll it is amazing! Even more amazing is he had his load tied down damn good!!

I'm sure the load was toward the rear of the trailer, that with possible winds on the bridge as well the trailer sitting on a single ball mount with no WD or stabilization. I'm sure he had to clean the seat of his pants and truck because that was way beyond the pucker factor......that was a pucker release moment
You got me laughing hard on this one.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #14
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
WOW !
Old 02-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #15
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
And here's how not to LOAD! Always be careful of how you load and tow. I was towing TWO Polaris 800cc once and had the trailer fish-tailed on me once. I let go of the gas petal and was able to correct the truck and the trailer. And yes, it happened at 55 mph. It's takes both common sense and physics when it comes to how you load and tow. Some people may find this video funny, and it's really not. It is life threatening and don't want it happen to anyone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZxCSJ-FHQo
Old 02-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #16
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Son of a...
Old 02-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
good god i would have pooped my self a little.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #18
I like turtles!!!
The Munster will become famous soon enoughThe Munster will become famous soon enough

Air Force: A1C 822BDS
Name: Lance
The Munster's Tacoma Gallery
looks like the wheels (when he gased it) kicked the ramp out.. i always use 4wd when loading my 4 wheeler. "slower is better"
Old 02-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #19
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Munster View Post
looks like the wheels (when he gased it) kicked the ramp out.. i always use 4wd when loading my 4 wheeler. "slower is better"
He didn't strap the ramp onto the rear bumper of his truck. He gased and the tires kicked the ramp off. And yes, always use 4wd when loading.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #20
elblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant future

Name: Blake
elblako91's Tacoma Gallery
I think the size of the f-350 may have had some part in saving it. Would hate to see the outcome with a smaller toyota pickup toying it :O