1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

picking up mulch, how much can I carry?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Aggie97, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Mar 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM
    taco206

taco206 Well-Known Member

Member:
    A yard must be different in WA then because a few days ago I got 5 yards of bark in my NPR and the guy loaded 5 times from a good size Ford front loader. lol.

Anyway OP, you will be fine with a complete bedful. I load up my reg cab bed with the lighter stuff like beauty bark or mulch and tow my 6X12 trailer full with the stuff at the same time.

2. Mar 21, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    Aggie97

Aggie97 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner
    custom tan leather seats, bed track system bike rack, Vision Warrior wheels, smittybilt nerf bars, Extang BlackMax tonneau cover.
    I've made two trips so far...one yard completely fills the bed. It handled it fine.

The lesson learned from the first trip...Don't hose out bed until you have gotten as much mulch out as possible with broom, whatever. I got a little hasty to hose it out and wet mulch is harder to get out of the bed than dry. Second trip much better. I got every piece out that I could and mainly hosed out dust when done.

Products Discussed in

To Top