Notices

Overdrive?

Old 03-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
WHO DAT!
AverageJoe is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
AverageJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Overdrive?

I have an 06 Tacoma PreRunner with a towing package, and I'm going to be hauling a trailer across the state next weekend. I know it's better to turn the overdrive off when towing, and I can't find the switch/button to do so. Any idea where I might find that?
Old 03-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
D is OD. Use 4th for around town driving. Once you are on the highway you can pop it into D. If the trans starts hunting for gears then use 4th again.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I don't recommend using D while towing ever. Overdrive is the weakest gear and not ment to be used while towing.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
D is OD. Use 4th for around town driving. Once you are on the highway you can pop it into D. If the trans starts hunting for gears then use 4th again.
Agreed ^^^^