Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Whats the heaviest your taco has towed???

Old 10-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #41
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
This ...

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGLKwedH0fA
Lmfao ! The way not to pull !! Oh man!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #42
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/ EMT
Name: Matt
Blueanimal's Tacoma Gallery
24 foot gooseneck flatbed with a 4 row hipper, logsplitter, pto post hole digger, and a dovetail extension. Combined weight right around 5000lbs.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:07 AM   #44
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
16 FT Tandem axle v-nose bumper pull trailer with truck bed loaded... Combined weight 9000 LBS per CAT scales. From Florida to Oklahoma. Gas mileage from 10MPG to 3 MPG depending on speed and terrain and stop and go traffic.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #45
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I get 2.5MPG not towing
Old 10-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #46
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled this dakota 40+ miles today. Over 6k lbs w/trailer. mainly hilly narrow backroads. lots of stopsigns, uphill starts, downhill brakes, etc. Was an absolute dream. Took my time, still maintained decent speed. The 6spd manual is set up perfectly for towing. Low, close ratio gearing. Fell in love with my truck even more today.

Also just wanted to show off draggin a busted dodge around.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #47
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post

I plan on pulling a 95 Wrangler exactly like this (I'll remove the rear drive shaft). I'm curious how this worked out? Any issues with your brakes?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #48
a89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
a89aries's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamNswiss on rye View Post

LMAO I'm reading the thread and i'm like...wait thats my picture!

haha I've got another to add to the pile, we figure it was about 10k total. Skidded up sheds and some other crap:

Old 10-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #49
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
couple wks ago .... surprisingly got 17 mpg all the way to Portland, Oregon

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 10-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #50
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if this would be considered towing or not, but I've pulled this out of a mud hole before.

Took a couple tries, but when the little Toyota is in 4lo and in low gear it'll keep yanking! Haha
Old 10-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #51
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
i pulled a 1000 pound trailer with about 2000 pounds of sand in it....4cyl doing WORK

only had to go about a mile though
Old 10-26-2011, 04:17 AM   #52
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
couple wks ago .... surprisingly got 17 mpg all the way to Portland, Oregon

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Did you have to go in reverse? If so, how did it work out with the two pivot points (Dolly wheels and towed car's rear wheels). Any binding?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #53
Fun4ej is on a distinguished road
Fun4ej's Tacoma Gallery
This is the most I have towed with my truck....

08 TRD Sport 4x4

Probably was towing close to 6500lbs. Without the 4 massive tires on the back, the trailer is down closer to 6000.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #54
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun4ej View Post

08 TRD Sport 4x4

Probably was towing close to 6500lbs. Without the 4 massive tires on the back, the trailer is down closer to 6000.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:04 AM   #55
Atomic Punk
Apple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Apple X C0re's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

08 TRD Sport 4x4

That trailer is wicked. Custom built?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:22 AM   #56
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
Tandem axle dump trailer full of shingles from my house about a month ago. Weighed in just under 6500lbs. Pulled pretty decent over the few short miles to the dump. Wouldn't wanna go far with it personally though.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #57
Fun4ej's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple X C0re View Post
That trailer is wicked. Custom built?
No, not custom. It was made by Thor/Tahoe for only 2 yrs....2003 and 2004. They made 2 different models, a 16ft and 22ft.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #58
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

08 TRD Sport 4x4

What is up with the large tires out back?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #59
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Largest vehicle I have towed out of the sand was a F350 with a trailer.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #60
Fun4ej's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
What is up with the large tires out back?
I won them in a raffle at Tierra Del Sol last year....40" Goodyear MTR Kevlar's on 17" Raceline Beadlocks.....Not bad for $50 worth of raffle tickets