Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Whats the heaviest your taco has towed???

Old 04-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
MillerMan06 is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
MillerMan06's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the heaviest your taco has towed???

I know that the 4.0L V6 SR5 prerunners with a tow package are rated 6500lbs thats strong for a mid-size truck. But today I had 4000+ that i towed with my taco and thats the heaviest its ever pulled, I have not done the TSB for the rear going from a 3 pack to a 4 pack and yet it stilled pulled like a dream. So I just wanted to know what yall have towed with your tacos and what you thought about the way it did........
Attached Thumbnails
Whats the heaviest your taco has towed???-img00165-20110403-1646.jpg   Whats the heaviest your taco has towed???-img00166-20110403-1646.jpg   Whats the heaviest your taco has towed???-truck.jpg   Whats the heaviest your taco has towed???-truck2.jpg  
Old 04-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear that I'm thinking about pulling a camper some thing around 2500 to 3500# and selling my MH.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I've only ever towed my boat which is an 18" center console. Only 1500lbs not counting motor and trailer. Pulls that like nothing.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
wheres the pic of someone pulling out that 18 wheeler...
Old 04-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
Gray Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Marines: USMC Aircraft Crew chief
Gray Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I pulled my 17 ft Stratos boat for the first time last week,1800-2000 lbs .It wasent over run with power but it did pull ok..several steep hills..I dont think I'd want to pull anything much heavier here in the mountains..
Old 04-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
my ex had two fat friends that used to hurt my poor back seats does that count.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
5,000 pounds today, my dad's boat. Surprised me that it would actually pull it but you could definitely feel the boat behind you.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #8
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
3500+ brick, I mean Jeep Wrangler. It kept 75 up a 8%+ hill. Not gonna do that again though, too much stress on everything.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
so far a 6x12 uhaul trailer

plan to pull my dads 59 willys cj5 jeep this summer ... should do a lot better seeing as i used to tow it with a 99 4cyl ranger!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
I made a cross-country move in 2008. Had the box LOADED, three people in the truck, towing my firebird on a trailer and the firebird was FULL of stuff including home stereo, etc... Must've been 5000lbs there at least. Pulled it through the rocky mountains, and while I had to slow down quite a bit, I made it! Towed no problem, but mileage went to S**T!

Had a buddy with a DCLB pull an 18' trailer loaded with ceramic tiles. He figured it weighed around 9000lbs, as the tiles actually broke through the bottom of his trailer! He made it home, but said he'd never do it again!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
21 ft Four Winns Cuddy Cab. All loaded up w/ gear, gas, and people about 6k. I def know its back there, but the Tacoma doesn't complain too much.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
i pulled a 14 ft single axle lawn care trailer
i used it to move:
washer
dryer
300+lbs craftsman tool box
heavy wood dresser
10-15 large boxes of stuff
foam mattress (boxed up)
bed box frame
metal bed frame
end tables
2 large 55 gallon plastic tubs weighing about 150 lbs each

i also had stuff filling the backseat of my truck and the bed too...

the truck had not much of a problem pulling it, just took forever to accelerate... but worked and manuevered well!

the person in the picture is my friend Joe, NOT ME!

by the way, i do have the suspension tsb
Attached Thumbnails
Whats the heaviest your taco has towed???-towing-trailer-7-8-10-1upload.jpg  
Old 04-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #13
Cmatt1605 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Cmatt1605's Tacoma Gallery
pulled an 89 bronco down the highway with no problems
Old 04-04-2011, 08:41 AM   #14
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjf216 View Post
my ex had two fat friends that used to hurt my poor back seats does that count.
lol thats so wrong but so funny.i guess ill save you a seat in hell
Old 04-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #15
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
21 ft Four Winns Cuddy Cab. All loaded up w/ gear, gas, and people about 6k. I def know its back there, but the Tacoma doesn't complain too much.
Wow, a 21ft on a single axle trailer? I figured they would have that on a tandem axle trailer.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #16
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Wow, a 21ft on a single axle trailer? I figured they would have that on a tandem axle trailer.
My thoughts exactly and it a Four Winns matching trailer
Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #17
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I pull a 16' Toy Hauler that weighs 4100 lbs dry. I def know it's back there especially at highway speeds, mind you, that with that, I'm probably going 10mph under highway speed, so needless to say @ 65 it does well. Mileage goes way down. I would say about half not pulling anything.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #18
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery

Old 04-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #19
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
So far mine has only towed around 1,000 pounds and that was this weekend.
It handled it great but I don't know if and when I would tow much more than that.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #20
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Namyo- from what I understand thats not the way to be towing a 4x4.