1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st time towers

Discussion in 'Towing' started by AUDITECH, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Sep 24, 2008 at 6:56 PM
    AUDITECH

AUDITECH [OP] Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION

Member:
    charlotte nc
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab prerunner
    none
    I dont have time to look it up but this is for all the first time towers. When backing up the trl for the first time hold the bottom of the steering wheel when back and it makes it a lot easier. If you want the trl to go right steer right and of course the opp. for left but if only holding the bottom of the steering wheel.

Oh just in case you dont believe me i was a long haul truck driver for 9 years and have backed up many times.

2. Sep 24, 2008 at 7:26 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Excellent information and something I definately should have put in to the towing bible. Hold the wheel with one hand at the 6 o'clock position and move your hand in the direction that you want the trailer to go. Something I did multiple times per day in my seven years as a short haul trucker, and something I still do to this day with my rv, boat and motorcycle trailers.

Thanks for putting this out there for the newbies AUDITECH something I took for granted as being second nature will definately help someone out.

3. Sep 24, 2008 at 8:01 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I've heard of that also...and I've tried it and it just didn't work for me.
    Between looking in the mirror and out the window, I had to steer normally while thinking in my mind where I needed to steer.

Products Discussed in

To Top