Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

1st time towers

Old 09-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
1st time towers

I dont have time to look it up but this is for all the first time towers. When backing up the trl for the first time hold the bottom of the steering wheel when back and it makes it a lot easier. If you want the trl to go right steer right and of course the opp. for left but if only holding the bottom of the steering wheel.

Oh just in case you dont believe me i was a long haul truck driver for 9 years and have backed up many times.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent information and something I definately should have put in to the towing bible. Hold the wheel with one hand at the 6 o'clock position and move your hand in the direction that you want the trailer to go. Something I did multiple times per day in my seven years as a short haul trucker, and something I still do to this day with my rv, boat and motorcycle trailers.

Thanks for putting this out there for the newbies AUDITECH something I took for granted as being second nature will definately help someone out.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
Excellent information and something I definately should have put in to the towing bible. Hold the wheel with one hand at the 6 o'clock position and move your hand in the direction that you want the trailer to go. Something I did multiple times per day in my seven years as a short haul trucker, and something I still do to this day with my rv, boat and motorcycle trailers.

Thanks for putting this out there for the newbies AUDITECH something I took for granted as being second nature will definately help someone out.
I've heard of that also...and I've tried it and it just didn't work for me.
Between looking in the mirror and out the window, I had to steer normally while thinking in my mind where I needed to steer.