Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

99 2wd 2.4l payload

Old 04-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
99 2wd 2.4l payload

I have a 99 2.4l 2wd and was wondering what type of real world towing people have done with these???

My application:
The bumper ball says 350 tounge weight and 3500 trailer weight but i dont think the engine would appreshiate that too much. The most towing i could imaging doing would be small trailers, i hardly ever have needed to tow anything. Mostly light metal flat trailers for a few dirtbikes if im bringing another friend. Im getting monroe airshocks to help with the suspension since im lowered a little bit. The air shocks say they can increase payload by 1200 lbs, so that would easily cover the added tounge weight.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
You can haul what its rated for, and probably more. Engines *like* to work hard, its what they're made for, don't wuss out.
thanks for the reply I wasnt asking how to tow a trailer as much as i was asking what my specific truck could realisticly handle. I couldnt imagine how slow it would be with a 3500 lb trailer behind my 2.4 though, especially running around through the mountains.