Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Front receiver

Old 04-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
drymountain is on a distinguished road
drymountain's Tacoma Gallery
Front receiver

Hello guys. I am new to this forum and I have a few questions. I just bought a double cab shorty off road 4x4 2011 and I am looking for a front receiver for a portable winch so I can use it on the front and back of my truck. I don't want one that hangs down I prefer a hidden one if possible. Hope you guys and gals can help
Old 04-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
ds46000 is on a distinguished road
ds46000's Tacoma Gallery
not trying to be rude, but just do a search for "front receiver" and you'll find what you're looking for.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
wtmtntaco is on a distinguished road

wtmtntaco's Tacoma Gallery
check this thread out, just what youre looking for

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...front+receiver
Old 04-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
I tried the search with no luck. Thanks for the info I'll call CBI tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
Mr SGA
MrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Layne
MrFastLayne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drymountain View Post
Hello guys. I am new to this forum and I have a few questions. I just bought a double cab shorty off road 4x4 2011 and I am looking for a front receiver for a portable winch so I can use it on the front and back of my truck. I don't want one that hangs down I prefer a hidden one if possible. Hope you guys and gals can help
If your handy with a welder you can make one like I did.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
Not to handy with a welder. That looks good
Old 04-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
Mr SGA
MrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Layne
MrFastLayne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drymountain View Post
This is one I made for a 1st Gen.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #8
CBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant future

CBI Offroad Fab's Tacoma Gallery
CBI Offroad Fab offers Hidden "high clearance" Front receivers. Give us a call and we would love to give you details!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
myfirsttruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Grayson
myfirsttruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFastLayne View Post
This is one I made for a 1st Gen.
Ive got a 98 1st gen. Do you have to take off the slider plate up front to fit that on? Im looking at mine and thinking it would have to drop down in order to leave the slider on but your mount looks like its just flat from the bolt-on points. Also, Im not finding any sites that sell a 1st gen front mountable receivers.. is that the case? and if so should I just contact my local welder?