Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Factory Hitch and wiring harness install

Old 11-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #21
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by othater View Post
Which OEM tow wiring harness did you buy?
The one with the 4 pin connector?
Who did you buy from and cost?

Thanks
I bought the OEM harness for my 09, it cost around $80 or $90 if I remember correctly. I had already installed the OEM hitch previously, one of the advantages to using the OEM stuff is everything fit like it should and the wiring harness bolted right on to the hitch and looks nice!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #22
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer just quoted me $755 for parts and labor for the hitch and harness!!! $555 with no labor. I found a oem hitch and harness for considerably less money. This 4 hour install time has me a little worried though. how easy was the hitch only?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #23
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
The dealer just quoted me $755 for parts and labor for the hitch and harness!!! $555 with no labor. I found a oem hitch and harness for considerably less money. This 4 hour install time has me a little worried though. how easy was the hitch only?
I found the hitch to be fairly straight forward, pretty much removing some bolts and bolting the hitch on, no drilling which is nice!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #24
othater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of light
othater's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimertoyota View Post
I bought the OEM harness for my 09, it cost around $80 or $90 if I remember correctly. I had already installed the OEM hitch previously, one of the advantages to using the OEM stuff is everything fit like it should and the wiring harness bolted right on to the hitch and looks nice!
I purchase a used oem hitch and bought the L-brackets from RelentlessTaco. I've had it mounted over a year but want to add the harness.
Thanks oldtimer
Old 09-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #25
GoBunny is on a distinguished road
GoBunny's Tacoma Gallery
I am confused by what I've read and what I have installed. It began when I plugged in my trailer and no lights came on. It's a used 07 Prerunner DC and the hitch was installed when I bought it. Here is what I've found. It has the pink fan but I can't find a trans cooler. It has a wire attached to the pos batterey post labled "trailer lighting". This wire runs to a black box in the driver side tail light cavity. One of the 2 15amp inline fuses was blown and the one inline at the battery con. The black box has no identifying lables. I find this strange since none of the advertised adaptors have a lead to the battery-they just patch into the tail light wires via adpt plugs. Is this a Toyota setup or aftermarket? Replacing fuses did no good. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #26
capt14 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
capt14's Tacoma Gallery
Where is a good place to get the OEM trailer harness for a 2011 Tacoma. I am sure the dealer price is higher than Internet. I only need to wire the rear, no brakes controllers for my needs.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt14 View Post
Where is a good place to get the OEM trailer harness for a 2011 Tacoma. I am sure the dealer price is higher than Internet. I only need to wire the rear, no brakes controllers for my needs.

Thanks in advance.
I got mine at the dealer, I'm sure you can get it cheaper online but the dealer worked on the price with me and made it not such a bad deal!
Old 09-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #28
illmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Matt
illmatyk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt14 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Online is best bet. I work at the dealer here in my area and even with my discount it is still cheaper to get it online.