Notices

This is what I tow

Old 05-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
jayglad is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jayglad's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I tow

This is what I tow.

We have a 2009 Tacoma 4x4 TRD with the tow package. (6500lbs)

It's a Kodiak 22KS. 4260lbs dry. +60lbs for a battery and whatever 2 propane tanks weight when they're full. It's 24'9" long altogether.

We have a WD hitch, an Electronic Brake Controller, (Primus) and Firestone Ride Rite Airbags. (Which i pumped to 18lbs)

We packed 500lbs of gear and food. I weighed the gear with a standard bathroom scale. WE DID NOT FILL THE TANKS!

The 4 of us piled into our 2009 Taco, me(155lbs) wifey(120lbs) daughter(110lbs), and son(65lbs.)

Our Journey was 300km one way. 3 big climbs, crosswinds ranging from nothing to probably 40-60km/hr.

I felt completely comfortable towing this TT. The only ass puckering moment i had was when a jackass in a sports car passed us on a hill, and had to swerve back into our lane to avoid a head on.

The mileage absolutely sucks. It's literally 1/2 what it was when I'm not towing.

The truck had plenty of Jam to tug this along.

I figured I average 105km/hr @ 2600RPM.

If you are considering purcashing a TT, stick to something in the dry weight range from 3800lbs to 4300lbs max. This is just my opinion.

i also forgot to mention that i had ZERO experience towing a TT prior to this.
Attached Thumbnails
This is what I tow-camping-pics-152.jpg   This is what I tow-camping-pics-162.jpg   This is what I tow-camping-pics-163.jpg  
Old 05-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
2006TRDSPORT
2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of

2006TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I like that TT alot, and would love to have a similiar one in the future. I enjoy camping & traveling & that looks like the perfect size for my Tacoma as well to pull. The only thing I've pulled thus far is a 12x6 Uhaul trailer which was maybe a total of 2500lbs est. Pulled that like a champ, and only problem (not really a big one) was the rear sagged a bit because I have a 06 and the 3 leaf pack that I'll be replacing or at least adding to it before I tow anything else. Anyhow, just wanted to say the trailer looks great, and I hope your enjoying it! Have a great day.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
What does TT stand for?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
travel trailer
Old 05-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
travel trailer
Oh.

I guess his TT is too cool for this thread...http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tow...ou-tow-39.html
Old 05-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
jayglad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Oh.

I guess his TT is too cool for this thread...http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tow...ou-tow-39.html

Sorry, initially i thought i was in that thread...i was just too lazy to go back and repost it in the correct location. it was a long ass day.

thanks for being a dick. cheers!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Nice TT! Any interior pics?
Old 05-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
I thought TT was Toyota Tacoma.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
Racerboy221 will become famous soon enoughRacerboy221 will become famous soon enough

Army: Counter Intelligence at NSA
Name: Bill
Racerboy221's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Racerboy221
Nice rig....just curious, what's it like inside? Std T/T or Toy Hauler, too?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
jayglad's Tacoma Gallery
Here's some interior pics. Works fine for our little family. Way better than the tent we had before!
Attached Thumbnails
This is what I tow-camping-pics-155.jpg   This is what I tow-camping-pics-156.jpg   This is what I tow-camping-pics-157.jpg  
Old 05-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #12
jayglad's Tacoma Gallery
We paid around 20k for this unit new here in Canada. In the states, you could probably buy these units for around 15k to 17k.

I forgot to mention that I found this forum very useful. The towing bible posted by maverick491 was awesome. I'm overly cautious by nature, and didn't want to take unecessary risks with my family or our truck.

i honestly don't think I'd go much bigger than what we bought, but again, that's just my own opinion. We'd like to own a full size truck, but we live in the city and parking full size trucks at the shopping malls, grocery stores etc. is a pain in the @ss.

Most users are helpful and friendly.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #13
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
sweet pics OP! Looks really good.

I picked up an '84 Komfort for $300. Then pretty much renovated the whole thing. It's a small 17 footer, but it's perfect for me, the gf, and our dog
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #14
stevei54 is on a distinguished road
stevei54's Tacoma Gallery
Primus IQ Controller

Are you happy with the Primus IQ Controller? Was the install easy? where did you place it?

thanks,
Steve
Old 07-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
I thought TT was Toyota Tacoma.
Try to keep up, TT = Travel Trailer but TT = Toyota Tacoma, got it?