Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

How much can I put in my tacomas bed?

Old 06-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Probably 40-50lbs or so. I don't know how the OP could fit more than that in his truck with his DCSB.
It wasn't bagged and was probably loaded with either a loader or skid steer. He said it was piled up so it was even with the top of the cab.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #22
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
To the OP... I hope your question was answered early. This thread seems to be going off the rails a bit. (Yes, partially my fault.)

FWIW... I'm just having fun and I'm not trying to attack you or anything. There are just a lot of funny pics of overloaded pickups on Google.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #23
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Probably 40-50lbs or so. I don't know how the OP could fit more than that in his truck with his DCSB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
im sticking with the OP being confused and it was just 1 1/2 yards in the bed. that would be the amount described in terms of volume and i cant see how it could wiegh 3000 lbs. thats only 600 lbs short of a first gen with 4x4 and the v6
I agree... If 30 x 50lb bags of mulch made kmok's truck look the way it did, no way you could get twice that weight into the bed and have it barely look level. Even if on the stops and level, the tires would be bulging, too. There was a misunderstanding somewhere along the way.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #24
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #25
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It wasn't bagged and was probably loaded with either a loader or skid steer. He said it was piled up so it was even with the top of the cab.
ya thats how it was loaded maybe it was 1 1/2 yards but it was significantly more than what kmok had in his bead in the picture. Maybe I was on the bumpstops but I assume if I was my truck wouldnt have ridden smoothly or been level (it would have been definately bumper dragging) also if it were on the bumpstops the suspension wouldnt be active (indicated by the squeaking of the springs).

Is 1 1/2 yards of mulch within the payload capacity of a 2nd gen?
Old 06-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #26
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
To the OP... I hope your question was answered early. This thread seems to be going off the rails a bit. (Yes, partially my fault.)

FWIW... I'm just having fun and I'm not trying to attack you or anything. There are just a lot of funny pics of overloaded pickups on Google.
ya man i know your just messing. I travel to india all the time and see trucks loaded like this all the time. I have a couple pictures of them on their sides or upsidedown from taking turns to fast.....ill try to dig them up.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #27
Joel schneider is on a distinguished road
Name: Joel
Joel schneider's Tacoma Gallery
Question I guess I was over weight then

20 bags of 80lb concrete 10 cases 35lb of water 4 metal plates weighting 50lbs.
1600+350+200=2150lbs and yes it sat down!!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #28
taco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
taco206's Tacoma Gallery
The maximum payload of a 2012 Tacoma DC short bed 4X4 TRD model is 1,180 pounds. And that's without passengers. According to pickuptrucks.com. So 3,000 is pushing it.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:27 AM   #29
Blze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: JD
Blze001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You just know those leafs are flat. Hell, I bet the bumpstops are compressed even.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #30
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
There are just a lot of funny pics of overloaded pickups on Google.

Hey, you're right, there are!
Old 11-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #31
2Tac0s has a brilliant future2Tac0s has a brilliant future2Tac0s has a brilliant future2Tac0s has a brilliant future2Tac0s has a brilliant future2Tac0s has a brilliant future2Tac0s has a brilliant future2Tac0s has a brilliant future2Tac0s has a brilliant future2Tac0s has a brilliant future2Tac0s has a brilliant future

Name: Philip
2Tac0s's Tacoma Gallery
I load my gen 1 tacoma with 2000 lbs of pellets for my pellet stove once a year. it squats but handles the 5 mile drive pretty good. I wouldn't try it with my gen 2. I don't trust the composite bed as much.