Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Can I tow this trailer one time without WDH / sway control?

Old 06-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #21
sechsgang will become famous soon enough
sechsgang's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up the trailer today and towed it home with no WDH / sway. No problems, whatsoever.
Installed the equalizer hitch back at home - took me a couple hours. It only took so long because I am picky, and I want to do it right. And I had to go back inside the house to get a beer out of the fridge at least three times, LOL.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #22
Yo! Wat up peeps?
1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future

1Bigbird's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
honestly i would have done it..
Me Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
Picked up the trailer today and towed it home with no WDH / sway. No problems, whatsoever.
Installed the equalizer hitch back at home - took me a couple hours. It only took so long because I am picky, and I want to do it right. And I had to go back inside the house to get a beer out of the fridge at least three times, LOL.
I had to tow a trailer with my old 96 Tacoma that weighed about 5000lbs and other than no power it wasn't an issue. But it was a short trip and only did it to help a friend.
Props to doing it right even though it would have been easier not to.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #23
Update: picked up the trailer last week from the dealer and drove it home without the Equalizer hitch. Worked ok, but I could feel it pushing the truck left & right. That was with an empty truck and trailer.
Then, I installed the hitch in the evening (took a few hours to get it right) and loaded up truck and trailer. It towed orders of magnitude better loaded with the hitch than unloaded without. So I guess they are worth it.
Here is a pic:

Old 07-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #24
XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!
fajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud of

Name: Lee
fajitas21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man, and you're right, Equalizer and Dual Cams (I have cams) change the way the spring bars work completely, and make towing a much better experience.

I towed my trailer to my father-in-laws house this weekend to store in his 2 bay shed he built for him and I, and the 60 miles I towed seemed like I had nothing back there but some extra wind resistance.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #25
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig, Op...congratulations...I know ya'll will get lots of enjoyment with it!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #26
Thanks guys!