Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Trailer Storage - Father in Law is awesome

Old 07-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!
fajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud of

Name: Lee
fajitas21's Tacoma Gallery
Trailer Storage - Father in Law is awesome

Check out this "Shed" my father in law built. I helped built a good bit with him, but he's a much better carpenter than I.

The cool part is this storage has a 2 story room behind my trailer which is 14x10 and is used for long term storage. He also has a 6x10 utility trailer parked behind my trailer, and a a mower / 4 wheeler behind his.

My trailer is on the left, his on the right.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
fajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud of

Left Side (Mine):
2011 Salem Ultralite 22RB-XLITE

Right Side (His):
2007 Jayco JayFlight 29BH (bunk house)

I've pulled his with my truck, but it's almost 5300 lbs dry, and loaded like he's got it is near 6500, and so I've only done it once, and doubt I'll do it again. Was only about 15 miles but it makes me nervous as it's MUCH more of a load to pull.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
If I had land like that in SoCal, I would be rich!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #5

Land in Kirbyville isn't very expensive, and it's not uncommon for people to own 3 or 4 acres. He bought that land about 30 years ago as well.

If Kirbyville wasn't in the middle of fricking nowhere I'd build a house near him, but it's about 1 hour away from anything I need access to, including work.

The only benefit is that it's 1 hour closer to the lakes we camp at than where I live, so I drive 60 miles without my trailer, hookup, then drive the rest with the trailer. Will save on gas over time for sure and make the trip easier.

He installed a 30 AMP hookup for me too, so I can use that as a hotel when I stay at his house and run the AC and everthing. This is not a 15A > 30A adapter, he ran higher grade romex to a 30A breaker on his breaker box and installed the 30A RV Plug into a junction box and mounted on one of the supporting posts. I have everything but sewer dumps.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
Skimoab has much to be proud ofSkimoab has much to be proud ofSkimoab has much to be proud ofSkimoab has much to be proud ofSkimoab has much to be proud ofSkimoab has much to be proud ofSkimoab has much to be proud ofSkimoab has much to be proud ofSkimoab has much to be proud ofSkimoab has much to be proud of

Name: Dave
Skimoab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajitas21 View Post
He installed a 30 AMP hookup for me too, so I can use that as a hotel when I stay at his house and run the AC and everthing.
Sounds like he's done it more as a favor to himself.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Sounds like he's done it more as a favor to himself.
You're probably right. Strangely enough, over the years he's become one of my best friends. Most people hate their in-laws, but he's a great guy.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajitas21 View Post
You're probably right. Strangely enough, over the years he's become one of my best friends. Most people hate their in-laws, but he's a great guy.
Good to hear man