Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Brake Controller Mounted, Tran Cooler done!

Old 07-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
BillyBeamon is on a distinguished road
BillyBeamon's Tacoma Gallery
Red face Brake Controller Mounted, Tran Cooler done!

Picked up a 21ft travel trailer last week. Came back here and looked at the towing bible first thing and found out i was not ready. I have a friend who has been my go to guy for fixing most my toys so i convinced him to help me out. I would change the plugs if he helped me wire the controller and cooler. Good deal. I also fix any of his computer problems for free so he usually agrees to help with a bit of coaxing.

He is a cetified RV tech so he had a controller laying around that he could sell me at cost. So i got a bit better one that the local napa had.
The hardest part was finding a nice place to mount it that I would not kick or bump.
After around 20 mins we finally found a great place. I dont use it that much so came out perfect. I can push the manual lever like a champ.

With it there i can still use the pocket for my headphones and a few other large items. Coins do go under it so it might be a bit hard to get them out so ill just throw in the other coin holder.

The Transmission cooler was a breeze. Since I am just a spur of the moment guy i decided just to go pick one up instead of getting it online. Grabbed one at napa. Picked up the heavy duty motor home cooler. Think that will add great cooling to the tranny. We also added a bit of fluid to it. Ran it right off the aux cooler. So the flow should go through the radiator to the aux then into the new cooler then back again.

Next time i decide to do this i will def get a wash and clean under the hood. would be alot cleaner when done.

My friend who works the parts department at toyota learned a new lesson about the plugs. He was not aware that Toyota runs 2 diffrent plugs in the Taco. He checked out the plugs at the lake this weekend that I changed out and was no longer in disbelief.

Tows like a dream im very happy i decided to coax my friend into the work.
Forgot to add in the important pic
Old 07-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Interior pics of the TT?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
BillyBeamon is on a distinguished road
BillyBeamon's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have many pics of it yet ill have to get a cracking with that. It has 2 bunks in the back, with a rear bathroom(Guess thats a bit more roomie) and a fold down bunk up front that had a partition added for the cabnets, Dont think we want to sleep there. the bed and couch both are beds and a nice kitchen. 1996 in great shape. The gentalmen just took it out once every 2 years to go fishing so everything is prisine. snagged it for 3900

My girls are tuckered on the last day