Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Tekonsha P3 Install.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
Mongrel is on a distinguished road

Mongrel's Tacoma Gallery
Tekonsha P3 Install.

I have just picked up a brake controller to install on my 2009 TRD Sport. I thought I'd throw a question out to the experts rather than guess.
I finally found the plug to connect my Toyota harness to (the actual Tekonsha harness for our vehicles, not the Toyota pigtail that came with the truck) and everything is in good shape. The problem I'm having is were to connect the white ground wire to. I currently have it attached to the screw that holds the kick panel bracket on but I'm not too happy with it there. It is metal but I think there is probably a better spot.
Is anyone able to suggest a better place to mount the ground wire?

Many thanks in advance.

T
Old 07-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Daniel
08TRDOFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
I actually just wired up my new P3, but I used the factory pigtail that came with the truck. It shows a trailer ground (I belive it is the brown wire) on the factory pig tail. That is what I connected the white wire to. My controller seems to be working fine. I did read in the prodigy manual that is says not to connect the ground wire under the dash, that is should be run right to the negative terminal on the battery to prevent malfunction. It wouldn't be very hard to spice a wire on and run it all the way to the neg battery terminal.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
psmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nice
Name: Paul
psmcn's Tacoma Gallery
Anywhere with good metal contact will be fine. here is where I ground my P2. I have had no weak ground issues

Old 08-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Mongrel is on a distinguished road

Mongrel's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate the replies, fellas. I think it should be fine where it currently sits.

T