1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weight Distribution Canada

Discussion in 'Towing' started by lezavw90, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Aug 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    lezavw90

lezavw90 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    For those fellow Canadians out there. Where did you purchase your weight distribution hitches? I'm particularly interested in Reese products with their cma sway control. The only place I can find them is online through us e-tailers. I would go this route but the shipping is over $200 becuase of the weight.

thanks.

2. Aug 10, 2011 at 8:57 PM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    Where are you located?

I work at a trailer shop and we order and install hitches all the time.

If your from BC then i would suggest The Hitch Company.

If your from AB then i would suggest Atlas Trailer Products.

If your from any of the other provinces,.....well... i got nuthin.

3. Aug 11, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    lezavw90

Member:
    I'm from Vancouver Island. I'm not really in the market at the moment but we are looking for a new trailer maybe next year. I'm sure if I look hard there would be places here but none are online.

4. Aug 11, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    Call the Hitch Company. 1888HITCHCO

They will take care of you, and there shipping is pretty reasonable.

5. Aug 13, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    08TRDOFFROAD

08TRDOFFROAD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's w/front's set at 1.75", TRD exhaust, Colormatched grill, Illuminated 4wd selector switch, BAMF Bolt on Sliders w/kickout.
    You could try RV Wholesalers.

6. Aug 13, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    sechsgang

sechsgang Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD OR 4WD 6spd
    I second that. That's where I ordered my Equalizer for $428, free shipping. Best price I could find by a > $100 margin.

7. Aug 17, 2011 at 8:14 AM
    lezavw90

Member:
    Good prices on that site. I was looking at e-trailer and trying to compare but on the hitches it's hard as e-trailer uses the Reese number and rv wholesalers uses their own numbers.

8. Aug 17, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    sechsgang

sechsgang Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD OR 4WD 6spd
    Get the Equalizer, believe me. Sway control and WD in one nice package.

9. Aug 17, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    try craigslist first. I got a next to new one here in the interior for $100 complete. If not order from the states, ship to border (Bellingham?) and make a day trip. Canadian retailers can't (or won't) compete with US prices. Most will ship into Canada but you'll wait longer(to clear customs) and pay in extra shipping what you would spend making the drive yourself. When you make larger purchases from the US make a weekend out of it and you'll save yourself not only the duty, but the HST as well!

Check into buying your trailer from the US when the time comes!

10. Aug 17, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    bigmooze

bigmooze Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    The Equal-i-zer hitch is awesome. I recently bought one to help level out the truck and trailer (16' hard shell camper). Previously I was towing it with only friction type sway control. Loading the truck bed up and throwing gear in the trailer with a full fresh water tank made me seriously consider the need to lever some weight back onto the truck and trailer axles!

The new hitch is easy to set up and gives me waaaay more confidence in the handling of the truck. Steering alone seems safer now that more weight is placed onto the front of the truck. Don't get me wrong, that's what any WD hitch would do, but the Equal-i-zer system is top notch for having WD and sway control combined.

I paid $670+tax at my local RV delearship, for the 600lb bar setup.

11. Aug 17, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    bigmooze

bigmooze Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    That's an awesome price. I wish I had known about that place two weeks ago :rolleyes:.

12. Aug 17, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    08TRDOFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's w/front's set at 1.75", TRD exhaust, Colormatched grill, Illuminated 4wd selector switch, BAMF Bolt on Sliders w/kickout.
    It was a no brainer when I saw the price. I looked at a couple local places and most wanted $750 for the 1000/10k setup (I went a bit oversized for my trailer so as my truck/trailer grows I won't have to reinvest in an additional WDH) the best local quote I got was $550 and they claimed that to be their "wholesale" price.

You can't beat free shipping on a 90~100 lb item either. I even dealt with their customer service a bit (they sent me a 2 5/16th ball instead of the 2" I ordered) and it was great. I had the right ball in two days, and they would have overnighted it to me if I needed it for a trip I was leaving on immediately.

All in all you can't go wrong with RV Wholesalers!

x2! Best hitch on the market as far as Weight Distribution and Sway control go!

13. Aug 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    08TRDOFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Maybe it is just my imagination, but it seems like my truck works less to pull my HTT now with the equalizer installed...have any of you had a similar experience/feeling?

14. Aug 17, 2011 at 8:36 PM
    lezavw90

Member:
    Just purchased a new to me trailer (2008 Nash 17C) The original owners had a weight distribution hitch that they are probably going give me with the trailer as they are getting a 5th wheel. So that takes care of part of it. I'd still like a new brake controller. My father in law restores old cars and gets a alot of parts from the states and has them shipped to Bellingham then trucked over with a different company, cuts the shipping to about a quarter. as an example E-Trailer.com has free shipping in the lower 48 states, to ship to Canada the hitch was going to be like $250+.

Products Discussed in

To Top