Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Relentless rear bumper towing capacity.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #21
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I believe this was asked recently and they didn't know (well, couldn't give a definitive rating) simply because they don't go through all the testing and certifications that are required for mass produced receivers. He put up a bunch of pictures of what he towed and Memario is correct, they're in all likelihood stronger than most aftermarket receivers.
He said the stock receiver
Old 09-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #23
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I know, I don't know if I'd go that far... Not saying anything against Relentless's work but the stock ones are pretty damn stout! The off road ones look to be built for recovery or light towing more so than heavy hauling. I wouldn't hook up a 6k lb trailer to one without ratings but that's just me...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #24
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe I just got confused

In no way do I know or claim to know anything about towing capacities and how they are determined. I am just passing on what (I thought) Eric told me. All I know is what my truck can and cannot pull as it sits right now...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #25
rod8137 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Jorge
rod8137's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome yeah Im just waiting for a response back from him
Old 09-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #26
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Shit if I know, I'm not a welder
Just saying it all comes down to the attachment to the frame yes ?
Old 09-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #27

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Eric's shit is top notch .

I just don't know how the stock receiver and mounting system could be improved , that's all I was asking .
Old 09-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #28
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Just saying it all comes down to the attachment to the frame yes ?
That is correct. Stock ones are held on by what... 8 Bolts or so? I can't imagine Eric's could have any more. Maybe the receiver is the item in question?
Old 09-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #29
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
That is correct. Stock ones are held on by what... 8 Bolts or so? I can't imagine Eric's could have any more. Maybe the receiver is the item in question?
(14) 12mm bolts according to Toyota installation instructions.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #30
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post
(14) 12mm bolts according to Toyota installation instructions.
You're probably right. That was just how many bolts were on my buddy's Chevy when we put a hitch on his truck.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #31
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
hmm... I've taken out my bumper 3 times and I'm pretty sure it's either 8 or 10 bolts (4 or 5 on each side)
Old 09-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
hmm... I've taken out my bumper 3 times and I'm pretty sure it's either 8 or 10 bolts (4 or 5 on each side)
I just stuck my head under there , looks like 5 each side
Old 09-07-2011, 02:36 AM   #33
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Quote:
I just stuck my head under there , looks like 5 each side
source:

http://tundrageeks.com/forum/showthr...?t=1408&page=1

must be total number of bolts in hitch assy.