Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

weight distributing hitch Equal-i-zer vs Reese or other.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:59 AM   #1
EdgeR6 is on a distinguished road
EdgeR6's Tacoma Gallery
weight distributing hitch Equal-i-zer vs Reese or other.

I'm going to be getting a toy hauler hopefully this winter. I know I will need a weight distributing and sway controll. From what I have found the Equal-i-zer hitch is a very good product but one rv store said they had problems with them and they had to replace them. So I'm still trying to decide on which one would be the best. I was wondering if you all could help me out with some reccomdations.
The Toy Hauler I'm looking at is a KZ MXT 20.
I allready have a Tekonsha p3 brake controller.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:16 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma WOrld!!

I dont do any major towing with my Tacoma, But I do have a Reese equalizer/anti sway hitch on our Dodge that seems to work very well.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
canadiankid is on a distinguished road
canadiankid's Tacoma Gallery
If you want the best that you can get and 2 grand is no big deal then the http://www.ProPrideHitch.com/ is the hitch to get. If that is too much then I have heard great things about both the equal-i-zer and the reese dual cam. Check out http://www.rvwholesalers.com/ for the best prices on these two.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #4
Markk is on a distinguished road
Markk's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using the Equal-i-zer and have had no problems with my 21' travel trailer.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiankid View Post
If you want the best that you can get and 2 grand is no big deal then the http://www.ProPrideHitch.com/ is the hitch to get. If that is too much then I have heard great things about both the equal-i-zer and the reese dual cam. Check out http://www.rvwholesalers.com/ for the best prices on these two.
Props for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markk View Post
I've been using the Equal-i-zer and have had no problems with my 21' travel trailer.
Welcome to TW.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #7
Markk is on a distinguished road
Markk's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the welcomes guys! Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Equal-i-zer brand hitch. I've been using one for 6 years without anyworry of sway caused by passing trucks or wind. Towing with that hitch is just as relaxed as driving the truck by itself. I have looked into the Propride, and now that I've got a bigger heavier trailer, if I had the money I'd buy one of those.

Mark
Old 11-25-2008, 08:22 AM   #8
EdgeR6 is on a distinguished road
EdgeR6's Tacoma Gallery
When it comes time I will most likely be getting the equal-i-zer hitch. Just got to pay off some bills before we get the trailer.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #9
TerryR is on a distinguished road

Army: 56th Brigade 3/84th
TerryR's Tacoma Gallery
equal-i-zer hitch

I also have a equal-i-zer hitch, I tow a 22ft travel trailer. The equal-i-zer is a great thing, very easy to use. Make sure you take your time and set it up properly, If you do your truck and trailer set-up will be very level.
I think I bought mine at rvwarehouse.com for around $300 dollars, cheaping than anyone local, they wanted about $650.
I hope this helps. Also check out equal-i-zers wbe site, its great.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #10
05silverTaco has a spectacular aura about05silverTaco has a spectacular aura about05silverTaco has a spectacular aura about
Marines: Cpl 105 Howitzer Btry
05silverTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just recently got a TT also and went with an E2 from RV wholesalers here http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog...0&cat=0&page=1
I got the 8000 one and am very happy with dealing with RVW. was drop shipped and had it the next day.

vince