Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Wiring tow harness on a first gen.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring tow harness on a first gen.

So my trailer wires don't work anymore. I was wondering where to find the wiring diagram. I checked the towing bible and the link didn't work.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
its a pain in the dick if i recall correctly. its a 5 wire system, and you will need a special plug or a converter.

If i recall toyota had a recall on the wiring harness though as there was an issue.

On mine, the same wire controlled the brakes/driver side blinker, then theres passenger blinker, ground, and driving lights. Forget the order and colours though. might try the fcm on ncttora.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
its a pain in the dick if i recall correctly. its a 5 wire system, and you will need a special plug or a converter.

If i recall toyota had a recall on the wiring harness though as there was an issue.

On mine, the same wire controlled the brakes/driver side blinker, then theres passenger blinker, ground, and driving lights. Forget the order and colours though. might try the fcm on ncttora.
yup I got the converter. I'll go check TTORA
Old 11-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretacoowner View Post
yup I got the converter. I'll go check TTORA
yuppers. the converter should say on it what wire, then you can simply go get the wire/run your own from the source. I do remember though like i said that the brake/driver turn are on the same which is a bear if you attempt to wire a 4 pin like i did. so i chose no driver side turn, as i wanted break lights.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #5

Which fuse does the tow wiring harness run on?