Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Towing with long travel suspension

Old 11-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
D SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Dylan
D SPAID's Tacoma Gallery
Towing with long travel suspension

I've been wondering about this for a while now and have searched around here and really haven't found anything about it. Can you really tow anything when you go long travel in the rear? (basic deaver leaf pack with with bypasses).
Old 11-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
The LT leaf packs are soft and really don't have much load carrying capacity. It would have to be a pretty light trailer.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
D SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of light
D SPAID's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking that too, i have been thinking about buying a lt truck and this is one of the things that is holding me back. I dont want to have to borrow one of my buddies trucks if i have to haul a trailer or something
Old 11-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Haha yeah Eric thinks he is gonna pull his boat That is gonna be a fun drive in a LT towing a boat lol
Old 11-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Haha yeah Eric thinks he is gonna pull his boat That is gonna be a fun drive in a LT towing a boat lol
at least nobody will be riding in a 3rd seat looking sideways...lol
Old 11-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
D SPAID's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i know lol, another reason why i asked this question. if eric isn't hitting his bump stops in the rear you know for damn sure he is gonna pull the damn thing
Old 11-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
Sorry Eric
Old 11-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #9
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D SPAID View Post
Yeah i know lol, another reason why i asked this question. if eric isn't hitting his bump stops in the rear you know for damn sure he is gonna pull the damn thing
Oh I think he will pull it either way. Sitting on the bumps might actually help the sway
Old 11-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #10
D SPAID's Tacoma Gallery
The person in that 3rd seat would've been me! lol
Old 11-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #11
D SPAID's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh I think he will pull it either way. Sitting on the bumps might actually help the sway
True, but wont be good for those bypasses that will be fully compressed lol
Old 11-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
I carry heavy stuff in my bed. Ride on the bump stops. I towed a trailer also no problems. Probably just accelerate leaf spring wear. My bypasses never get close to full compression or extension, then again I have 18's so check your shocks.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha it will work. just watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
and yeah that would be dylan lol. now he has to ride in the boat to the lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D SPAID View Post
lol im pulling it no matter what. ill probably take my spares out to help compinsate. my boat isnt that heavy lol

Quote:
winner! ^^
Old 11-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
D SPAID's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=97yota4wd;4074720]and yeah that would be dylan lol. now he has to ride in the boat to the lake.

I'll just drive, eff that