1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which tires for towing?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by campthewestcoast, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Nov 26, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    campthewestcoast

campthewestcoast [OP] Oceanfisherman

Member:
    Napa, CA
    Power extend/retract towing mirrors,brake controller,30amp charging system for TT,snug top camper
    Looking for the best tire for towing on road for a 06 tacoma prerunner v-6 dc long bed. Trailer wieghts 3500 lbs., using an WDH set-up but my michelin's are sliping on take-off from the paint on the road or wetness from light rain. 40,000 miles on the michelin's. Any idea's?

2. Nov 28, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    fajitas21

fajitas21 XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Collierville, TN
    Vehicle:
    4Runnerzzz
    Originally not Expo AF! Kinda Expo AF now...lame.
    I'll be honest with you, the Michelins are great towing tires, but tend to be a bit soft, making then wear faster than other tires.

I have Eagle LS/2 tires on my Silverado and they do ok, but I'd prefer the Michelin ones.

Other good ones are BF Long Trail (Highway version of Rugged Trail..which is AT tire).

I think in 3rd place as popular tires go is Kumho or Hanooks...can't remember.

How worn are you current set of tires?

Also, do you have your tongue weight setup right? I'm assuming since you said WDH you have a travel trailer, and putting too much gusto on the bars will make the bed too light in slippery conditions.

Products Discussed in

To Top