Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

towing a 23 foot boat

Old 11-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
awwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura about
Name: pat
awwmann's Tacoma Gallery
towing a 23 foot boat

just bought a 23 foot chris craft boat going to pick it up next week end should i have any problem towing it with my 06 double cab trd sport with towing package
Old 11-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
What's the weight? On the basis that I would think it is nowhere near the 6,500lb capacity of your truck, you'll be fine.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:25 AM   #3
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma will be no problem as all models of the Chris Crafts are well under the towing capacity.
You experience may be a limiting factor though. If you have never towed a boat, you will need to take it slowly with a learning curve. Don't let other drivers piss you off. Most city folk don't take into account the 6000# load behind you and cut you off. Get used to it!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
awwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura about
Name: pat
awwmann's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i tow front end loaders every day through brooklyn and manhattan other drivers suck the paper work for the bat says 4800 pounds so i guess i should be ok