1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power to trailer batteries.

Discussion in 'Towing' started by imahiker, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Nov 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM
    imahiker

imahiker [OP] New Member

Member:
    Picked up my new magnetic gray access 11/14/08. Read much from this forum before purchase, thanks. Didnt see anything in manual and nothing from a search on forum. Does anyone know if the batteries for a travel trailer are being charged from truck when travelling? Or is the system even capable of that? Thanks.

2. Nov 16, 2008 at 3:10 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Did you get the factory towing package on your truck? If you did, then all seven pins on the trailer plug are live and you are good to go and all you need to do is add a brake controller to othe pre-exhisting wiring under the dash.

If you did not get the factory installed towing package (not to be confused with a dealer installed hitch) then it can still be done, but will require quite a bit of work, and frankly the charging circuit will be the least of your problems.

3. Nov 16, 2008 at 3:36 PM
    imahiker

imahiker [OP] New Member

Member:
    Yeah, I'm sorry, i have the towing package, shoulda said that to begin with. Well thats good to know then. Just got rid of my F-150 and in that i had to install a relay or something like that to make the charging wiring active. I'll bring over my brake controller from the Ford. Thanks maverick491, appreciate the answer.

Products Discussed in

To Top