Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Transporting a Motorcycle in the Bed

Old 05-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #21
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
And use a canyon dancer
Old 05-16-2014, 11:04 PM   #22
crooks420 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
crooks420's Tacoma Gallery
The best bet for a sport bike is one of those longer arched ramps.... so it does not bottom out when going from ramp to bed.
Check Youtube for motorcycle loading mis-hap videos.... alot of them, and some are just too funny.

Jesse
Old 05-16-2014, 11:13 PM   #23
Six lugs of fury!
Performula is on a distinguished road
Name: Justinian the Gr3iht
Performula's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
I'd put it on the curb or put something under the ramp like jack stands then get a 2x12 and put it to the bottom of the ramp, it's like two ramps I've done it before. Just be sure to tie the 2x12 to the metal ramp
I'm kind of following you. Put the jack stands in the center, or most center to where they touch the best? I'm a little confused. A pic? Oh oh! Put the 2x12s under the center, extended a tad, for an extra ramp, better leverage.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #24
Six lugs of fury!
I don't know all this extra work and the extra $170 doesn't sound so bad lol.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #25
Six lugs of fury!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
And use a canyon dancer
Got it already!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #26
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking of such. I still have a "canyon dancer" tie down system for bikes. If someone wants to pay the shipping, they can have it.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #27
Six lugs of fury!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Speaking of such. I still have a "canyon dancer" tie down system for bikes. If someone wants to pay the shipping, they can have it.
Is it in ok condition?
Old 05-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #28
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
yea. I only used it maybe 3 times. It's in a box around here somewhere.
If I remember correctly there were 2 different models at the time. (Bought in 2000?) This was the upgraded model. I'm sure they had a few design changes since then but it worked on my R1 really well.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #29
SeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant future

Name: Ben
SeekingZero's Tacoma Gallery
My review of the CCR Bed Buddy if anyone is interested.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...dy-review.html
Old 06-26-2014, 12:58 AM   #30
TacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
TacomaTruckParts's Tacoma Gallery
I have the BEST motorcycle tie-down bar for sale. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post8835296