Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Broke my tow connector...Best solution??

Old 03-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
Lexxx_2011 is on a distinguished road

Lexxx_2011's Tacoma Gallery
Broke my tow connector...Best solution??

Well I backed into a small ditch and my tow connector hit the ditch and broke the door cover for it.

Should I get the same kind I had or upgrade to different connector?

Also, can you guys show me a site or store where I can get them at? Thanks!

Here's a picture. Everything on the plug works perfectly fine, just the housing for the plug and the door is broken on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Broke my tow connector...Best solution??-2012-03-01-11.11.11.jpg  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #2

Or if anyone has the parts I need lying around and would sell for super cheap, I'd be interested in that too.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Some say the stock location of those is worse than _____ fill in the blank

Best option would be to mount it higher like in the bumper (trade out a license plate light?) Wal Mart normally has cheap plugs too.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I just got an aftermarket Hopkins connector from Walmart and used the stock pigtale. For not I just have it zip tied to the stock mounting holes but I want to get some kind of mount that faces down for it. My stock mount was destroyed. Great job Toyota.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post
Some say the stock location of those is worse than gettin bitch slapped by a girl? fill in the blank

Best option would be to mount it higher like in the bumper (trade out a license plate light?) Wal Mart normally has cheap plugs too.
Mounting it in replacement of a license plate light sounds awesome, but I dont want it to be rigged. Is there actual kits for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I just got an aftermarket Hopkins connector from Walmart and used the stock pigtale. For not I just have it zip tied to the stock mounting holes but I want to get some kind of mount that faces down for it. My stock mount was destroyed. Great job Toyota.
The Hopkins one doesn't have any mounts for it? x2 on your great job toyota, I've seen a few other trucks where the mount is in a better spot.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxx_2011 View Post
The Hopkins one doesn't have any mounts for it? x2 on your great job toyota, I've seen a few other trucks where the mount is in a better spot.
They include a mount but it is too narrow for the stock mounting holes.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
I busted mine too. Does anyone have a part number for the replacement part from Hopkins or Reese or anyone?
Old 03-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
Chris
tcma07 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
tcma07's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ml#post1692083
Old 03-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #9
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Just buy any 7-pin connector from the auto parts store and drill a 2" hole with a holesaw next to the license plate. Done
Old 03-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
They include a mount but it is too narrow for the stock mounting holes.
Yea, I just got back from Walmart, those brackets won't help at all but nice connectors though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcma07 View Post
Nice! This was exactly what I was looking for. Scroll down to the blue tacoma picture with it done next to the license plate, the housing around the connector..do you know if they bent the plastic housing to fit where the bumper bends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Just buy any 7-pin connector from the auto parts store and drill a 2" hole with a holesaw next to the license plate. Done
I think that's the route im taking