1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My wife and I are looking for some sound advice on Camping Trailers for our new 07

Discussion in 'Towing' started by PorterWilliam, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Apr 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM
    PorterWilliam

PorterWilliam [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 DBL CAB TAC
    2" LIFT, SIDE-STEPS
    Hoping to get some advice from someone with experience in towing travel trailers with the 4L V6 Tacoma. Wife and I just got our new 07 Taco Dbl Cb with the SR5 Tow package. Live in the Northwest and need to be able to sleep 4-5 possibly 6; too many choices of trailers.

2. Apr 11, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    First welcome.

In this towing section there are a few threads that show all types of trailers with some input from the owners. Might want to take some time and read through them.
    "Show us what you tow" has some nice trailers in there.
    Defiantly has me drooling every time i go in and look at them.

3. Apr 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    campthewestcoast

campthewestcoast Oceanfisherman

Member:
    Napa, CA
    Power extend/retract towing mirrors,brake controller,30amp charging system for TT,snug top camper
    Check out Hi-lo trailers, they stopped making them in 2010 but I wouldn't want anyother trailer. I posted pictures on "show us what you tow" page 54 picture#1075,#1077. These trailers sleep up to 6

4. Apr 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM
    campthewestcoast

campthewestcoast Oceanfisherman

Member:
    Napa, CA
    Power extend/retract towing mirrors,brake controller,30amp charging system for TT,snug top camper
    Is there anything else you would like on the travel trailer to narrow your seach down? Floor plan design, regular bath or wet bath, counter space in kitchen?
    I found with a tow rating of 6500lbs for the tacoma, it's easier on the truck not to pull over 4000lbs. So you have power for mountain passes.

5. Apr 12, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    Goober

Goober Earthlings are fun to watch!

Member:
    Utah - Why just have only one?
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Off-Planet AccessCab
    I originally went with this hybrid for two reasons, it felt spacious inside for a 19', 3230 lbs. dry weight and I could just pull off the highway for lunch and not have to "popup" the trailer to get inside. Would sleep 6 too. The one drawback with hybrids is some campgrounds won't allow these where bears are a problem.
    So Hi-lo or Trailmanor trailers if you want low profile and have "hard sides".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top