Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Towing Mirrors?

Old 05-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
yotafirefighter is on a distinguished road

yotafirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Towing Mirrors?

Are the dodge towing mirrors the best to use on a 2011 tacoma? What about the newer f150 towing mirrors? Thanks for any help
Old 05-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
There was a practically brand new set of McKesh tow mirror in the classifieds here.
Also there was a thread a while back where someone modded their mirrors with another brand.
Cannot remember exactly who or when it was done. But the DIY had the pictures to do it.
It is here somewhere.
It looked good too.

It was dodge mirrors
Here is the link it was a sticky above
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tow...g-mirrors.html
Old 05-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
Oceanfisherman
campthewestcoast is on a distinguished road
campthewestcoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotafirefighter View Post
Are the dodge towing mirrors the best to use on a 2011 tacoma? What about the newer f150 towing mirrors? Thanks for any help
The problem with newer mirrors from different makes is the base that mounts to the door, the newer mirror base is to large for the tacoma.
You need 98-02 chevy or dodge mirrors. People have mounted dodge mirrors to tacoma's.
I was able to do a work/trade for a set of " Powervisionmirrors.com " from a 98 chevy. You might be able to find a set on craigslist. I was able to install and wire them in a weekend.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
yotafirefighter is on a distinguished road

yotafirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Which version of the chevy mirrors? the regular mirrors? or these extentable towing mirrors?

Old 05-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
Oceanfisherman
Quote:
Which version of the chevy mirrors? the regular mirrors? or these extentable towing mirrors?

The mirrors in this picture will not work, mounting base is to large for tacoma.Regular chevy mirrors would be the same view pattern as stock taco mirrors Here is the link to the mirrors http://powervisionmirrors.com/gm/gm_models Model#6030
Also http://wwwaztrucks.com/product.asp?product=81
This not an advertisement for other sites, just where I posted the mirror upgrade in the pass.
Here's what I did, I couldn't find the pictures in my library but here's a link to my travel trailer forum with install pictures and wiring diagrams. http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f19/...a-tacoma-1376/
Also on http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...rs-for-tacoma/
Changing over to different make of mirror is a modification, not just an easy bolt on. As you can see, a new base trim/gasket is hand made from a semi-truck mud flap.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
ToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt(hew)
ToyComa84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i would imagine either one, since the are both made for the chevy, so they'd probably both match up and work
Old 07-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
Oceanfisherman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa84 View Post
i would imagine either one, since the are both made for the chevy, so they'd probably both match up and work
As long as you used the mirror from an early chevy 98-02 so that the base will be small enough to mount to the tacoma door.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
J Gibson is on a distinguished road

Navy: Hospital Corpsman, 4th MarDiv
Name: J
J Gibson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I absolutely love the ProEFX mirrors. They are by far the best option that I could find for towing mirrors for the Tacoma. They are basically the Dodge towing mirrors manufactured with a Tacoma mount. One of the guys here on TacomaWorld played a part in getting them made.

Here is a link to Rob's post......

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...g-mirrors.html