1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone own, used or researched...

Discussion in 'Towing' started by HXC, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Jun 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    HXC

HXC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 white Dbl cab 4x4 6spd man.
    anyone owned used or researched the a style pop up or tear drop trailers? I am looking for a trailer, just basic, to keep me and my wife out of the elements while we sleep.

2. Jun 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    I've looked at both and each has it's own nitch. The "A" frame imo is so much better than the cloth style. Flip up panels and it's done.

The tear drop is so cool. Pull over and jump in and sleep/ cook out the back.
    Darn things don't weigh anything. You can customize and mod this thing.
    If your only looking for the sleep part the teardrop is easier. If you want a little more room and cook while it's raining out the the A frame is the ticket.
    Do go with the bigger sizes.
    To be honest i haven't slept in either but have been thinking of the time i'll have one or the other.

3. Jun 28, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    Robertgeejr1

Robertgeejr1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Aorora, Ill, yeah!
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I have done all the hi-pro mods for a life time, since I got this truck at a great price, I will be happy with showroom new.
    when I was a kid we had a little scottsman pop up, my dad pulled with his scout.
    they work great, and newer ones are really nice.
    the only trick is to remember its back there my dad is a truck driver, and he forgot once and while backing up jack-knifed the trailer and bent the tongue.

most dont have bathrooms, my dad got a pop up tent and put mom's "thunder jug" in there.

it was a frame and lots of room, BUT, we were on the outer banks one fall and a suprise nor easter sprang up and that night in a gale, that little camper was rocking like crazy, and some of the fabric ripped.

4. Jun 28, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    HXC

HXC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 white Dbl cab 4x4 6spd man.
    The A style is hard sided, there isnt any canvas other than where it pivots at the top when you raise it. I know that one company has an addition called "high winds" Im assuming it has a few more secure points when it is raised. I have no real issues with elements during the day I just hate it when you are trying to sleep and your tent is sleeping on top of you. Done it for way to long.

Products Discussed in

To Top