Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

D rings only in rear of bed - what to do about front?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
jftaco is on a distinguished road
jftaco's Tacoma Gallery
D rings only in rear of bed - what to do about front?

Hi all -

My '09 TRD package came with the bed liner and tie downs on rails, along with 2 'D rings' in the back of the bed.

But for whatever reason, Toyota decided to EXclude a pair of D rings in the front right/left of the bed. Wondering why, but who cares----fact is, I NEED them to tie down my sportbike for track days. I just had my first track day (school, 2-day) and am now of course hooked. I rented a U-haul motorcycle trailer for this and that worked out fine but of course I saw a bunch of guys who just tied their bikes down right in the back of their beds... why own/rent a trailer esp if you just have 1 bike? Anyway, I digress...

I thought about taking it to a dealer or independent place, but dealer may be pricey to drill/install a pair of them in the front corners. What have any of you done in order to get 'D rings' into the front of your bed? I know you have to drill to get this done and although I'm a DIY'er for a fair amount of things I don't know that I want to try and tackle this, esp where the integrity/strength of the rings are concerned. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Go BIG or Go HOME
Buell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud of

Name: Michael
Buell's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-bed-pics.html
Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
jftaco is on a distinguished road
jftaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice---thanks! Between now and the starting post, I searched more and came across another thread in another Toyota forum that basically suggest the same approach for rings in the front: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...bed-rings.html

Much appreciated! Think I'll go that route.