Notices

***NEW*** Tacoma Towing Mirrors

View Poll Results: What do you think of them
Yes I like them 39 21.91%
I like them but wish they were black 118 66.29%
No I do not like them 21 11.80%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #21
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Those painted and heated, done deal...
Old 07-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #22
Long Time Lurker
RCOTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Dalton
RCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
Wtf do you need tow mirrors on a tacoma? Funny because me and some guys at work today got started on this. They serve no purpose unless you have a VERY long load (longer that anyone would pull with a taco). Just makes people wanna whack 'em off lol

Edit: im not trying to start anything here, just expressing my opinion as was asked
I would have to disagree with the fact that you would have to have a long load. I pull a 21 ft. skiff, that is around 8 ft. wide, and I can't see around it when I need to change a lane, or backing it up. Therefore, I see the point behind these on a Tacoma, and could see my truck with a set of these. Just saying tho. Supporting the point of these.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #23
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCOTaco View Post
I would have to disagree with the fact that you would have to have a long load. I pull a 21 ft. skiff, that is around 8 ft. wide, and I can't see around it when I need to change a lane, or backing it up. Therefore, I see the point behind these on a Tacoma, and could see my truck with a set of these. Just saying tho. Supporting the point of these.
Well, i guess my opinion comes from all the mall crawler dodges driving around with them that make me wanna use them for batting practice. I guess i never thought about boats. But myself, i would never pull much more than a small snowmobile trailor or similar with my taco.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #24
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, i guess my opinion comes from all the mall crawler dodges driving around with them that make me wanna use them for batting practice. I guess i never thought about boats. But myself, i would never pull much more than a small snowmobile trailor or similar with my taco.
You are correct; your experiences wouldn't require tow mirrors. When I tow my '87 4Runner with my Tacoma I have a hard time seeing the trailer and beside me correctly. It sounds like you need to start running with a smarter group of friends.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #25
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
I like the simple ones that just clamp on to your existing mirrors.

Sorry I know boring
Old 07-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #26
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
You are correct; your experiences wouldn't require tow mirrors. When I tow my '87 4Runner with my Tacoma I have a hard time seeing the trailer and beside me correctly. It sounds like you need to start running with a smarter group of friends.
All i wanna say is if there is a need for them, great, but i just think they look silly on trucks that run around with them just for the 'big bad truck' image. Same goes with stacks
Old 07-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #27
ToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt(hew)
ToyComa84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man001 View Post
I just got them in. They have not been installed yet. They are being installed on Thursday. They do not need to be drilled and have two plugs on them but not sure what it takes to install them yet. Keep the questions coming and I will try to answer them as best as I can after they are installed.

u didn't look to see if they'd mount up to the existing points? sounds like you're having someone install them for you, ie: a body shop.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:16 AM   #29
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All i wanna say is if there is a need for them, great, but i just think they look silly on trucks that run around with them just for the 'big bad truck' image. Same goes with stacks
That I agree with - all these stupid kids with their diesels dumping black smoke every where just makes me think they should be punched in the throats and their parents castrated.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:27 AM   #30
mach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
mach1man001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa84 View Post
u didn't look to see if they'd mount up to the existing points? sounds like you're having someone install them for you, ie: a body shop.
Your right I haven't done anything to see if they fit yet. The person that sent them to me is coming in from Cincinnati Ohio to do the test fitting/wiring.
To answer one of the other questions, yes they do fold. And as far as needing them, it's not how long the trailer is it's the width. I have a 10' long x 101" wide snowmobile trailer that I can't see around without something (use the strap on one's) plus alot of states will ticket you if you don't use some sort of tow mirror. This just makes it really neat/convenient and add's the other features.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #31
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to see them all mounted up and ready to go! I think they look neat but wish they were color matched.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:51 AM   #32
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
For me it would be upgrade to pwr & LED blinkers at same time but as far as heated and the towing part, wouldn't get much use out of those features. Nice option for those who do tow and would want the other features that come with........in black or color matched tho.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #34
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #36
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
I am curious as to how the added features will be wired. Is the installer going to let you take pictures while he installs them?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man001 View Post
Mike, you can come by this weekend to check them out. I'll be home cleaning the camper for the Rausch trip.
I'd love to! Unfortunately I'll be killing myself on Mount Snow though. Tough Mudder is this weekend, can't wait to see them mounted though. I want to see if they sit out further than the stock mirrors for normal use.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #39

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gibson View Post
I really want a set!! I tow regularly and HATE the strap ons! I would prefer chrome over black, but would happily take what I can get. Put me on the list as a buyer.
I don't blame you, I don't like strap ons either. Wait... nevermind
Old 07-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #40
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I don't blame you, I don't like strap ons either. Wait... nevermind
This needs to be sigged by someone