Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

charge travel trailer battery in transit?

Old 08-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Twiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant future

Name: Austin
Twiostaco's Tacoma Gallery
charge travel trailer battery in transit?

Does the v6 tow package include the ability to charge a travel trailer while driving? If not how easy is it to set that up? Also where do I look to see if i have the wires to connect a brake controller?

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
BC Overlander is on a distinguished road

BC Overlander's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the truck will recharge your trailer battery as you drive if you have the factory tow package.

On my 2011, the wires for the brake controller were taped up under the dash by the left side between the steering column and the kick panel.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I think it charges at a very slow pace, if anything at all. I'd look into an oscillator to charge both your truck and TT
Old 08-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
It will charge it but not as quickly as plugging the trailer in at home.