1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'10 brake controller, 12 pin?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by wolf13, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Sep 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    wolf13

wolf13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 4X4 Access cab TRD OR
    TRD Offroad w/Tow package. LEER 100XQ topper, painted grill surround, 08 cup holders, scangauge II
    '10 tacoma (one owner so no creative mods by a former owner), with factory tow package, I need to install a brake controller finally. I've spent about an hour hunting for the 5 pin connector under my dash. I have seen the guides on where to look, and precisly where its SUPPOSED to be is a 12 pin female connector with fairly small pins, taped to a large wire bundle. I can't find anything else so far thats even close. I did a little hunting, and I see mention that the tundra uses a 12 pin, but I couldn't find any pictures of it, is it possible this is what I have instead or do I need to keep hunting? If it is a tundra harness, am I going to have trouble with it in the tacoma? I haven't even found an adapter I am sure fits yet for a brake controller. The factory provided pigtail is the standard tacoma 5 pin. Any suggestions?

2. Sep 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    jake72

jake72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    N.E. PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd off-road dcsb mt
    under dash left side by emergency brake, should be taped to other wires. I googled a search for a 2012 tacoma and it showed the pic and said its a 5 pin.

3. Sep 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM
    wolf13

wolf13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 4X4 Access cab TRD OR
    TRD Offroad w/Tow package. LEER 100XQ topper, painted grill surround, 08 cup holders, scangauge II
    yes, i know what its supposed to be, but the description matches exactly a 12 pin connector at that location. it seems to match up with the photo's people posted for the location unless I am totally misreading them. I just can't find anything else even close to there thats not attached to a switch or board.

IMG_6636e.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top