Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

pop up towing

Old 10-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
Crusher69 is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
Crusher69's Tacoma Gallery
pop up towing

what do you guys think about towing a pop up camper with my taco?i know i can lol but what setup do you guys run
Old 10-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
check this thread out. some pop ups in here. as well as everything. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tow...t-you-tow.html
Old 10-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
Banned
shemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to behold
shemp's Tacoma Gallery
Popups have a low profile, so far far less wind resistance than a full height camper. I have a friend who used to pull one with a camry 4-cyl. They tow pretty easy.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
Oceanfisherman
campthewestcoast is on a distinguished road
campthewestcoast's Tacoma Gallery
I tow a pop-up, more of a expanable trailer. 4000lb trailer. Using a WDH w/800lb bars and electric brakes. Custom towing mirrors added to the taco. Pictures in my gallery.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #5
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher69 View Post
what do you guys think about towing a pop up camper with my taco?i know i can lol but what setup do you guys run

No problem whatsoever towing our Coleman, which has a dry unloaded weight of around 2000 if I recall. Add the AC on top, all our junk inside plus the propane tank.

I do have the V6 with the factory towing package however. No electric brakes or other equipment but we rarely go where there are any steep grades to negotiate. No problem seeing over and around it with the standard mirrors on the 07 TRD Sport.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
"pop up" is vague..some are much more heavy than others. my brother has the Fleetwood ED3, and that thing is a beast. i wouldnt enjoy yanking it cross country. there are some super compact light versions i imagine would tow easy.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
just don't forget its back there!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #8
Crusher69 is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
Crusher69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertgeejr1 View Post
just don't forget its back there!
ha ha, ya... thanx for the responses
Old 10-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
well its sort of funny but my dad drove for carolina freight for 35 years and the only wreck i have ever know him to have, he got a pop up loaner to see how he would like it, a little scotty, and we happened to go to Cape Hatteras and a nor-eastern hit.... the wind was so strong it started to rip the canvas, he got mad and frustrated and he jack-knifed the hell out of that little trailer, and then he had to do all kinds of ass kissing to get it repaired, and towed in without a police report, since that could go against him.. but at night its sort of easy to not think about. and that was one fun easter vacation!