1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Draw-Tite Hitch

Discussion in 'Towing' started by riftsawn, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Jan 22, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    riftsawn

riftsawn [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab
    Good morning all, I have a quick question.... I just received a new Draw-Tite hitch for my 2008 DC and it arrived really beat up. I ordered it from Amazon and they simply slapped the shipping label right on the hitch and stuck it in the mail. No box, no shrink wrap, no nothing so as you can imagine it arrived with the powder coating chipped and scratched allover. Now to my question... how did yours arrive? Should I bother ordering from somewhere else or does everyone ship them like that? Thanks!

2. Jan 22, 2009 at 11:50 AM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    I ordered a Curt Class 3 hitch along with a drawbar for my 2009 Access Cab from eTrailer.com. It arrived in a shipping carton wrapped in bubble wrap. The drawbar was also well wrapped and taped into the shipping carton so it would not bang on the hitch. The hitch and the drawbar were spotless.

3. Jan 22, 2009 at 8:01 PM
    canadiankid

canadiankid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Langley BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB TRD SPORT

That sucks. I would bitch about it. The best places that I have found for towing is rvwholesalers.com and look in their parts store. They give free shipping on anything over $100 I thinks too.

4. Jan 23, 2009 at 3:43 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    Call and complain!!! Hopefully they'll do something for you to ease your pain.

5. Mar 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    Raven65

Raven65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Camden, SC
    Vehicle:
    '09 Magnetic Gray Reg Cab 5-Lug
    Curt hitch, D-rings, bed mat
    My Curt Class III hitch arrived from eTrailer via UPS on Friday. The hardware and mounting instructions were stuffed inside the receiver and there was tape wrapped around that whole center section to keep that stuff inside. There was some heavy paper wrapped around the square tubing on either side of the receiver to protect it, but there was nothing on the ends at all. There was no bubble wrap or any other packing at all. It was just loose in a big box with plenty of room to move around. Well... when you put 45 lbs of steel with fairly sharp edges loose in a cardboard box and let UPS throw it around, guess what happens? Yep... the ends of the hitch ripped through the box at the ends and the very nice, thick powdercoating was scraped off down to bare metal in a few spots. I needed my hitch and I didn't want to hassle with UPS or eTrailer, so I just touched up the damaged finish with black paint. None of it was anywhere that will show when mounted anyway... I just didn't want it to rust. My brother and I installed it the following day (yesterday) and I'm very happy with it.

To add insult to injury, today I found a big chunk missing out of one of the bricks on my front steps and the broken pieces laying on the step below it. Apparently the UPS goon drug the box up my steps and the portion of the hitch that was hanging out of the box nailed the face of the brick and broke it. I would raise hell with UPS about it, but now that I've installed the hitch and disposed of the box, I have no proof that the damage was their fault. Oh well. I DO plan to give eTrailer some feedback about their weak packing job. I ordered a smaller hitch from them a couple of years ago, it it was packed MUCH better. I guess there's been some cost-cutting in the shipping department since then.

Products Discussed in

To Top