Notices

Towing my taco, help please

Old 11-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
Codmanhowie is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Avionics Electrical Tech
Name: Cody
Codmanhowie's Tacoma Gallery
Towing my taco, help please

A friend brought up a good question. Im moving in 2 weeks and am towing my Taco behind my Uhaul truck. We reserved a dolly. I have read the manual but some parts are a little unclear. Would it be best to just get all 4 wheels off the ground or can i tow it with two wheels up and two on the ground. Thanks in advance!!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I would definitely go four wheels up. Your truck is a big investment its still worth a fair amount of money. If you notice no one tows nice cars with dollies regardless of their drive system. Also the trailers cost about $10 more per day than the dollies, I would just go for it to protect your truck from wear and damage. Furthermore I think the trailers are easier to tow than the dollies, especially if you've never towed anything before (and especially towing a bigger vehicle like a tacoma)
Old 11-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Trailer the automatic or take the rear drive shaft out with a dolly.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
it is HIGHLY recommended by most and even pointed out in the owners manual to tow on a flatbed.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Codmanhowie is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Avionics Electrical Tech
Name: Cody
Codmanhowie's Tacoma Gallery
OK guys! Thanks, got that cleared up. Better safe than sorry. haha First couple days part of TacoWorld and your already helping me out!