Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Tow Packages

Old 11-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
KIRKOREDSON is on a distinguished road
Name: kirk
KIRKOREDSON's Tacoma Gallery
Question Tow Packages

Ididn't get the tow package when i got my 2012 Tacoma. Does anyone know where i can get an after market tow package and about how much does it cost?
Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKOREDSON View Post
Ididn't get the tow package when i got my 2012 Tacoma. Does anyone know where i can get an after market tow package and about how much does it cost?
I know you don't want to hear this but your best option is a factory setup. The wiring system is made for the truck and uses the trucks systems (ie fuse box, flashers, etc) and they are super reliable. I change a lot of aftermarket wiring after a couple of years due to feedback which makes the truck do some funny stuff. FYI....
Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKOREDSON View Post
ebay/other sites for about 180+- and that includes the wiring and ball etc everything.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
you're missing out on the oil and transmission cooler.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
In addition to the oil and transmission coolers, also the heavy-duty battery, higher amp alternator, and trailer sway control (TSC) system. The OEM setup (with those, the hitch, 7-pin connector with 4-pin adapter, brake controller connector, etc) really is the best option.