Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

towing weight

Old 12-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
JohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JohnWJ's Tacoma Gallery
Question towing weight

OK guys and Gals

A possible dumb question how do I find out how much my Tacoma can tow
Old 12-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
ich bin die Scheiße
IBATanker is on a distinguished road

Army: bad mo fo
Name: Chuck
IBATanker's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 11 Double cab and the max is 6500 lbs., thats with a towing package. With out a towing package is 3500 lbs. I found this out on the internet, but it also told me to look at the sticker on the trailer hitch. Endstatement after about an hour of looking on the web that is what I found out.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
'12 TRD sport, 6500 lbs, and if I remember right, 500 lbs tounge weight is what I'v read in the manual.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #4
tacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomaconvert's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how your trucks equipped; V6 tow packsage from factory, at least for the '12, is 650 tounge weight and 6500 lbs towing. Non factoory tow or just an aftermarket is 3500 towing and I think 350 tounge weight. Owners manual will tell you, not sure if these #'s are with or without weight distributing hitch or not.