Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Need Help!!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
DocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to behold

DocsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Need Help!!

I just installed new 14x5.5" Sendel T05 wheelson my trailer.

However, I can't fit the wheel center caps on because the wheel bearing cover/cap/protector is too long and won't allow the wheel cap to fit.

Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help!!-photo-1.jpg   Need Help!!-photo-2.jpg  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
Are those grease fittings in the center of those caps? If so, you can probably find some caps without the fittings. They should be shorter.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
psmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nice
Name: Paul
psmcn's Tacoma Gallery
X 2 on replacing the EZ lube caps with standard caps. You may want to measure first to make sure there is enough room with a standard cap. IF not enough room you are stuck with it the way it is.

ALso, from the look of the those hubs it appears those bearings have not been checked in a loooong time or even lubed. . Lots of built up crud there. May want to service them before there is a failure while you are hauling.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 AM   #4
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, they look nasty on the outside but they may be ok on the inside. I would pull those caps off the end of the hubs and possibly pull the whole hub apart and re-grease the bearings and then instal a regular cap. Then you might have room.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
DocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to behold

DocsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Thanks for the advice guys!

Essentially, what I needed was a shorter/smaller dust cap. And after looking around, I found the size I needed (2.33").

Here are before and after pictures.

Thanks again guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help!!-photo-1.jpg   Need Help!!-photo-2.jpg  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #6
RyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1Lt, C-130 Navigator
Name: Ryan
RyanLikesTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Looks very tidy now!