Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

odd question ....

Old 12-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
odd question ....

So i'm working on planning my overland build but i want to keep my classic look of my truck and want it to stay at somewhat a modest budget. So my question is I was interested in an Avid light bar.. as well as a winch.. well of course you can winch from an Avid Light bar or even attach one to it. So my question is I found the front mount receiver, however, can I also have an Avid light bar too? or are they going to get in the way of each other and/or would it mess w/ the approach angle?
Old 12-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
The winch mounting I do not know, I have mine mounted in my arb bumper. The light bar will not mess with your approach angle your stock bumper will. But if you doing an overland build you should not need crazy approach angle because your not really rock crawling. Id say just buy a bumper. There are some hybrid bumpers out there that would accomplish what you are looking for.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i know i just don't want to buy another bumper.. now if there was a bumper that kept same mold and was made out of steel.. I would buy it.. but i just like the look of our bumpers but want to actually make it functional for overland..
Old 12-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I mean stock the tacomas can accomplish overland style wheeling. I would not even worry about big tires and bumpers for that style. There are many ways to fix lights to the trucks. Avid, nfab, and others. I'm sure one of them will work to mount lights and maybe hold a winch. To be honest a winch would be low on the list of things of it was me. I have one and hardly use it unless I roll or burry myself in snow over the hood. They are nice but not needed. Just my opinion though. I also have off road lights and hardly ever turn them on but they look cool. I used them when my ex's dog had enough and ran away from camp once. Haha
Old 12-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #5

lol... yea i agree its over kill.. but i just was wondering about the avid light bar and front mount hitch.. just as a just in case thing.. if i do ne thing... i'm always by myself no dog..no g/f and all my friends are married and don't ever do anything. so i am almost just wanting to be prepared I may not even use a winch but would be nice to know i could mount one if i needed.. or to be pulled out.. i have a hi-lift jack..and tow chains .. just living the boy scout motto
Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Have you seen the winch mount that goes behind the factory bumper?? I'm not sure if it would incorporate with a light bar. There's a guy with a dark blue taco on here that had one. There's pictures in the old man emu susp picture thread. I'll try to find a link.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...gallery-5.html
Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #8

thanks skidooman! that's exactly what I was going for! just hope I can attach an avid light bar too
Old 12-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
I'm your huckleberry

No problem, I was looking at the same thing until my front bumper got crunched. Then I figured might as well just go the plate route.