1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Right Travel Trailer

Discussion in 'Towing' started by harr0007, Feb 1, 2009.

1. May 1, 2010 at 9:31 PM
    beachbumberry

beachbumberry Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    andrew
    fl now, tx native
    Vehicle:
    05 sr5 4x4 access cab
    leveling kit, american racing rims, push bar, nerf bars
    I grew up driving up and down that beach, and dependent on the beaches condition (varies almost day to day) you could get a trailer to the end, IF the beach is in prestine packed condition. thats a really big if. the beach is 63+/- miles long, and i rarely saw a camper past the 4x4 only sign which, if i recall correctly, is at 5 miles. past that point, you'll be hard pressed to find aid if you get stuck, and a camper that big is likely to passed that sign. bring a hi-lift jack, 4 or 5 2x6 boards 3 feet or so long, an air compressor (aired down towing wouldnt hurt), and a good shovel in case you do get stuck. if your into fishing, i advice going during the first weekend in september for Sharkathon. its one of the biggest surf fishing tournaments in the country. just my $.02 worth!

2. May 1, 2010 at 9:41 PM
    beachbumberry

beachbumberry Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    andrew
    fl now, tx native
    Vehicle:
    05 sr5 4x4 access cab
    leveling kit, american racing rims, push bar, nerf bars
    another bit of advice, stay near the water if your willing to risk rust, but DON'T get either the camper or truck into it at all. the waves will wash the sand out from under your tires. there are quite a few rusted out old cars and trucks at the water line from doing this. if the sand is packed, just stay in the ruts that are already there

3. May 6, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    mvega1969

mvega1969 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tacoma DC LB 4X4 TRD Off Road.
    x2, only issue if you want to call it like that it is setup time on and off, other than that, this all-terrain, are nice even for a family of 5 (and a dog).

Photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top