Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Trailer Tires

Old 01-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Trailer Tires

Anyone have any recommendations for trailer tires? Just the standard trailer tire for a 16' car hauler flatbed... I had an incident a couple months back and my trailer needs new tires...with rims. But really have no knowledge of trailer tires. Any ideas?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
Well I do know I good company to check out to get tires. years ago, my uncle built tag-a-long trailers for backhoes, and one of the companies he bought from was redneck trailer supplies, they are big, and have a branch in Normal Il, good people, good prices and quality, and have a good online catalog.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
ATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to behold
Navy:
Name: Tom
ATHiker's Tacoma Gallery
I just replaced the tires on my boat trailer. I went with the Goodyear Marathon. I paid extra for the Goodyear tires (assuming they were made in the US) and when I got home, I noticed they were made in China. Not to say that all tires made in China are poor quality, but there have been many issues with them.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Rickoutdoors is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
Rickoutdoors's Tacoma Gallery
Hi,If you plan to off roading ,like fishing or hunting trails, find trailer with 6 ply side walls. Won't slash on sharp rocks and branches as easilly. I also balance my trailer tires ,less vibration on lugs(and torque them) Learn't the hard way..
Old 01-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, over the last years he as in business, he was using Redneck's "house brand" tires, with no trouble. one thing that's funny I saw from the 1980's goodyear making tires here, then in the 90's Mexico, and to Indonesia, glad i missed the move to china, but regardless, the price of the tires NEVER went down, they always had their twice a year price increase.

but whatever you get try to get radials, and stay away from bias- ply tires, radials will last longer and are more forgiving and you have to keep a higher air pressure in bias-ply and if one gets a leak or flat and you dont catch it in time they get hot, fast, and will fly apart on you.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Etrailer.com
Old 01-12-2013, 06:06 AM   #7
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertgeejr1 View Post
Well I do know I good company to check out to get tires. years ago, my uncle built tag-a-long trailers for backhoes, and one of the companies he bought from was redneck trailer supplies, they are big, and have a branch in Normal Il, good people, good prices and quality, and have a good online catalog.
I have the check them out, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
I just replaced the tires on my boat trailer. I went with the Goodyear Marathon. I paid extra for the Goodyear tires (assuming they were made in the US) and when I got home, I noticed they were made in China. Not to say that all tires made in China are poor quality, but there have been many issues with them.
Where did you purchase them from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickoutdoors View Post
Hi,If you plan to off roading ,like fishing or hunting trails, find trailer with 6 ply side walls. Won't slash on sharp rocks and branches as easilly. I also balance my trailer tires ,less vibration on lugs(and torque them) Learn't the hard way..
They really won't see offroad persay.. But I do drive into gravel/mud and grassy areas.. It's my trailer that carries my rock crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Etrailer.com
Thanks!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #8
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
I did some shopping around and found the best deal for purchase+install at the local John Deere Dealer. I found them the first time because of a blow out on the road; but after looking around they had the best rates. Their tires are farm equipment rated so I know my 4Runner is fine on the trailer.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #9
Highboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud of

Highboy90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Etrailer.com
+1 Great service!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #10
ATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to behold
Navy:
Name: Tom
ATHiker's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you purchase them from?

They really won't see offroad persay.. But I do drive into gravel/mud and grassy areas.. It's my trailer that carries my rock crawler

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I purchased them locally from Best One Tire.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #11
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Etrailer.com
Nice link; just more stuff to make my Taco tow better.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #12
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
Maxxis M8008 ST Radial. Have a single axle boat trailer.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
F-125Racer is on a distinguished road

F-125Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Don't use car tires on a trailer. I've used Goodyear Marathons for 20 years with very good results. Check locally for a Wingfoot dealer, I've found them to have the best price installed. Check the Goodyear website for valuable info. They actually recommend running 10psi MORE than the sidewall says to run. This does keep the tire much cooler. Most folks that have issues with Marathons are running sidewall pressure, or worse, even lower pressue. I tow several thousand miles per year with the tire loading at or near maximum recommended and I always run the extra 10psi. Zero tire failures since I began doing this.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #14

Interesting about the 10 psi over.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #15
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Jetzon towmax... Only ones I'll run they have never let me down.